Fine Scale Modeller

stringbag

Hi Guys and Gals.

Can anyone help with an article published in the March 1994 issue of FSM which covered the Boeing 747SP?

I will gladly cover any costs incurred.

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

Hi Guys and Gals.

Can anyone help with an article published in the March 1994 issue of FSM which covered the Boeing 747SP?

I will gladly cover any costs incurred.

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

Hi Stringbag, I have this mag issue. Would you like me to scan/forward on, its 7 pages long. PM me MODeller

Gotta ask though Chris... a Boeing 747 is old, but it's not classic, surely? :hmmm:

You could be right Mike, I always tend to regard the first generation of wide bodies as classic aircraft now.

Bearing in mind the early 737s (series 200/300 and 400) are referred to as classic now, and the latter is an earlier design than the 747.

I would certainly agree that the 747-400 would be out of place in the 'Classic' section.

Feel free to move if you think it should be elsewhere.

Cheers.

Chris.

Hi Stringbag, I have this mag issue. Would you like me to scan/forward on, its 7 pages long. PM me MODeller

Hi MODeller.

I would be eternally grateful if you could scan it for me please.

My e-mail addy is chris'at'tonks5033.freeserve.co.uk

Thanks for your help.

Chris.

PS Are you off to Cosford next weekend? :drink:

Gotta ask though Chris... a Boeing 747 is old, but it's not classic, surely? :hmmm:

Well Boss, the last 747 - SP was delivered in 1989 and is no longer in production, so in my 747 :nerd: opinion Id say its a classic.

Bexy

Well Boss, the last 747 - SP was delivered in 1989 and is no longer in production, so in my 747 :nerd: opinion Id say its a classic.

Bexy

I've seen one definition of classic as being made between 1925 and 1948. That's the meaning I understand, although in the UK there's no dictionary definition, cars made before 1973 are deemed of "historic" value, which I guess makes them a classic.

Ok then, hands up, those who believe the 747SP is a classic?

That be me then :yahoo:

Mike :sorry: I didnt realise things were worked out like that, I made the my assumption based on some are in Museums, no longer in production etc It seems like a subject where one could sit for hours playing Panto with it......... "Oh no it isnt" "Oh yes it is" :rofl:

Bex

Well, thanks to MODeller, I have a fairly comprehensive set of references for the 747SP.

Many thanks Brian.

I've decided to do 'Clipper Constitution' in the Pan-Am pre billboard scheme.

I might even do a 707 in the same scheme just to keep it company, but I will have to cast a replacement nose for the Minicraft kit.

HMMMMMM. Might have to give Mike a call.

Thanks again Brian.

Chris.