RAF 90th Birthday Flypast

Obi-Jiff Kenobi

Well, the RAF are having a 90th birthday flypast over London, with the Red Arrows and 4 Typhoons:

http://www.raf.mod.uk/news/index.cfm?story...E89A277AD340ED3

Not a massive flypast, but at least they're having one, unlike the 50th birthday, when the authorities were completely disinterested in marking the occasion. It was left to a 1 Sqn Hunter pilot to perform the only display over London. He buzzed the Palace of Westminster, and flew through Tower Bridge. He left the RAF soon after...

On Sunday I will be on parade with my RAFA Standard at the Service in St Clement Danes to Commemorate the 90th Anniversary of the Formation of the RAF, and on Monday I am attending a Veterans Badge presentation at the RAF Museum at Hendon, I have also been invited to watch the flypast on Tuesday from the 32nd floor of Canary Wharf. Busy time.

Robin.

As I work near Trafalgar Square, I am bringing in my camera on that day. Hopefully I will be able to get some shots from the Thames.

Robert

Edited by Robert

Was just wondering this morning if we'll see many birds marked up for the 90th birthday - especially Tiffies :analintruder:

There is usually always a practise flypast before such events, and they usually get snapped - if any "specials" exists I'm sure they would be appearing on some of the forums, so I'll take a look and let you know.

A couple more from yesterday.

In case anyone fell in the water

lifeboat800.jpg

Crowds on the balcony

crowds800.jpg

Whoosh! and they were gone

flypast800.jpg

Regarding the Typhoons I could make out that there was one from 17 Sqdn and one from 29 Sqdn but no idea of where the other two Typhoons came from. One of the other ones looked like 3 Sqdn but can not confirm. Any idea anyone.

Robert

Not standing on national pride......though I still have lots....THAT!!!! is one damned fine flyby...as far as the Tiffies go :speak_cool::yahoo:;). My compliments on the piccies....gents very nice, all.

Edited by Angels49

Regarding the Typhoons I could make out that there was one from 17 Sqdn and one from 29 Sqdn but no idea of where the other two Typhoons came from. One of the other ones looked like 3 Sqdn but can not confirm. Any idea anyone.

I believe there were machines from each of the Typhoon squadrons, 3, 11, 17 and 29.