Tigercat

sandy

Just wondering about the above model. Have just seen it as a new 1/48 release at hannats and it looks very nice but is it new tooling , a re box , or re-tooling ? Sometimes you buy a kit thinking its going to be nice crisp new issue and it turns out to be a 30 year old re boxing so i think i`ll find out this time before i invest in one ?

Ps have just ordered a fisher sea fury - now that i`m looking forward to getting !!!!!!

Sandy

I suspect it'll be a re-release of the AMT kit... other than that, I can't comment, as I've not built mine...

That Fisher Sea Fury will be worth watching... make sure you post build pics ;)

• 1 month later...

It is the old AMT kit without the rubber plastic melting tires it has new parts for mouldings for those. It is a nice trouble free build except the transparencies are too short width ways and need to be spread. I read the nose is too thin but hey I can live with that.

Hi!

Yes, It´s a re-pop of the old AMT kit.

This is a really nice and easy to build kit and with Italeri´s new moulded wheels and quality decals, It´ll be a stunner!

As others said, this is a extremly tail heavy bird, I had to fill every cubic millimeter(?) with lead, and she still wants to sit on the tail now and then!

This model is about four years old now and the rubber tires have started eating the rims, but the landing gear still holds the weight (surprisingly enough!).

I had to paint the white and green (Humbrol #2 Emerald Green) bands as the original decals was crappy, stiff and VERY thick!

JQISERQQLRE0.jpg

JQISFMHOJPL8.jpg

JQISFNCMHOE4.jpg

JQISFPCMEQH0.jpg

Please, note that the prop blades are pitched backwards!

Blades should be cut off and pitched the opposite way!

Cheers!

Stefan

Edited by Phantom2

Have just finished this kit and posted it in the `ready for inspection ` forum. Nice kit with a couple of little niggles that can easily be dealt with.

I finished mine a year ago , it`s not a bad kit a bit of work to do .

Les (wellzy)