Is it just me that don't get it..?

I for sure can see 16 bombs.

And to Skii: Impressive build!

Its just mikeyboy taking the er.. michael ;):D

thanks chaps :)

So here is the deadly cargo on board :)

bombsin2.jpg

bombsin1.jpg

And the nose airflow sensors - enhanced with the superb Mike Grant rivet decals :)

sensors.jpg

Here is the upper fuselage now decalled and flat coated :)

decalled2.jpg

decalled1.jpg

closeup1.jpg

mental!! completely mental! :clap2:

looking forward to hopefully seeing this in the flesh, are we going to see it from wence it came?

looking very unlikely now chap :( a good month of work still to go on this puppy :(

Johnny Boy!! You really do make a cracking model don't you? The paint looks the part my friend. I love it!

I guess he ought to know. :worthy: Can't wait to see it on its wheels at a show :)

aw you lot are far too kind :wub:

Thankyou for the very encouraging comments, suffice to say I have 3 undercarriage legs and wheels to paint, gear doors, bomb bay doors (a good few days work alone on them) and the crew access hatch/folding ladder to scratch build, as well as some touch ups and small details to add - still a fair bit to do ;)

Thanks again for the nice comments, makes it all worthwhile :)

Blooming Heck John!

Strike a light

Strewth

etc etc

Who's a clever boy, then? Hell of an achievement and even an ageing stick and string merchant can recognise real talent - irrespective of the subject. Quite beautiful!!!

Just imagine that thing on the Western Front in 1917- enough to give HG Wells heart failure!

Thankyou guys and gals :)

Little update - finished detailing the front undercarriage leg, I removed the front damper and replaced it with steel wire, looks much better to my eye. also improved the headlight fittings and added some hydraulic cabling which will mostly be obscured by the front gear door.

frontgearleg1.jpg

frontgearleg2.jpg

frontgearleg3.jpg