B-2 Spirit - Testors 1/72

Skii

cheers peeps :)

John!!

AMAZIN work man!! Having seen a B-2 up close I have to say your paint looks just about spot on. Nice and patchy too.

This is seriously one of my favorite models ever, by anyone and I have seen a bunch!!

Great work my friend!!

Thankyou Mikey, as someone who has seen this baby up close in real life, your approval is very much valued. glad you're enjoying the ride ;)

J

This has been so far one of my all time favourite modeling threads, the work on display is utterly jaw dropping and the subject matter is just soooo right for a super detail job.

If this doesn't appear as a major feature article in a magazine it will be a crime.

Cheers

Thankyou guys, very kind of you indeed, glad you like it :)

Actually I am in the process of completely re-painting the upper fuselage again, I wasn't 100% happy with the outcome and I've had to order another load of Tamiya tape :S

Pics to follow soon :)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Thats amazing mate!!!!

thanks Peri :)

right then - as hinted earlier here is the upper fuselage repainted, I'm a lot happier with this version as the skin texture looks more interesting whilst I think still maintains a bit of scale realism. I still have the diamond antennae patterns to add to the fuselage spine and a couple of patches on the leading edge to do , then the lovely decalling :)

repainted1.jpg

repainted2.jpg

I never ever thought that this was a subject that could interest me but I find mwself captivated by this build.

Martin

It's when you see the size of the damn thing that you stop & wonder where you'd put it when it's finished! :shocked:

It's when you see the size of the damn thing that you stop & wonder where you'd put it when it's finished! :shocked:

He's not kidding. Lengthwise its not a big model, but the wingspan is a different matter , 72 cm in fact - one has to hold it side-on when going through a door way. I even managed to give a wingtip a hefty clout when I brought it to Telford. It literally dwarfs my 1/72 Lancaster on the same shelf, a big aeroplane indeed :o

16? Where'd you get them all? Hase veepuns set?

hi Habu - no they are the Golden Dragon JDAMS, 2 sets in fact !

John... don't wanna worry you, but there's only 15 in that pic.

:wicked:

git.