More Jag Agg

Mentalguru

Had settled on the wrap round camou EB XZ391 option, but after surfing airliners etc, I have decided the white border black centre of the codes- (the important and nice standy out bit of this scheme) is all wrong- grrrrr :fraidnot:

So we move swiftly on to XZ367-where it states- (although it gets the codes wrong in the title and uses BE) "Shown in an interim phase from the overall disruptive camouflage scheme of Dark Sea Grey BS 381C:638, and Dark Green BS381C:641 to the overall ARTF Camouflage grey BS381C:626 finish (hence the markings).

HUH_ the colour profile is still in the standard wrap around scheme- totally- am I reading something wrong here?

only link i found

Edited by Mentalguru

As there aren't the profile shots for all of them difficult to say but I notice that there are 2 lots of XZ367 codes on the sheet, one lot White and the other large Black - this suggests that MA are catering for both schemes?

Great MA aren't they - these basic errors are a little too common sadly. Love their decals though

The aircraft in question has low vis roundels on top of the normal ones, and white codes and serial on the tail and fuselage rather than black. Rather than being an interim step between normal wraparound and ARTF, I'm pretty sure this was the result of stripping the gulf war pink scheme - it was seen during in 92/93 looking pretty worn and then in wraparound with lots of bits of pink evident, especially around panel lines. See here:

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b229/DDonSS3/Jaguars/

Coincidentally it looked very similar when the ARTF grey was stripped after the Bosnia deployment:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3392/thud1ht3.jpg

Thunderbird One nose art still evident there!

Looking at the sheet, there is no specific date given for the scheme illustrated, which is a bit poor, but I'd say it was the post-Gulf version rather than post-Bosnia. You'll still need to add a few pink lines in various places, certainly wouldn't be as pristine as shown on the MA sheet.

Edited by DamienB

The aircraft in question has low vis roundels on top of the normal ones, and white codes and serial on the tail and fuselage rather than black. Rather than being an interim step between normal wraparound and ARTF, I'm pretty sure this was the result of stripping the gulf war pink scheme - it was seen during in 92/93 looking pretty worn and then in wraparound with lots of bits of pink evident, especially around panel lines. See here:

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b229/DDonSS3/Jaguars/

Coincidentally it looked very similar when the ARTF grey was stripped after the Bosnia deployment:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3392/thud1ht3.jpg

Thunderbird One nose art still evident there!

Looking at the sheet, there is no specific date given for the scheme illustrated, which is a bit poor, but I'd say it was the post-Gulf version rather than post-Bosnia. You'll still need to add a few pink lines in various places, certainly wouldn't be as pristine as shown on the MA sheet.

Well thanks for that link- really good stuff there! :thumbsup2:

Its the "EB" aircraft I really wanted to do- but its those tail codes..

You know- after trawling through Airliners this morning- I found the following picture of the underside of a jag. I am finally convinced in my own mind- the fuselage the way it is portrayed by Hasegawa- can be likened to the body of a 15 year old girl- while the true aircraft would be a woman in her thirties- i.e, both have the same bits, but the older one is a lot better developed- and more appealing too..! I also accused the Airfix kit of the same problem- I really hope the new Asian kit (if it IS a Jag) will not be using the same set of drawings?

Also, the Hasegawa jag lower fuselage is parallel from the gun outlet troughs right back to the front of the main gear bays- in truth- this pic shows the gentle but obvious taper in that area. I also think the nose is a little bit too pointy- slightly too long maybe..

0543269.jpg

Edited by Mentalguru

I don't think any Jag kit gets the area around the cannons right, and the mid to rear fuselage area is a bit too narrow on all of them as well. The Hasegawa is still the best of the bunch though - both Airfix and Italeri/Revell kits are narrower. It's not wildly obvious visually so it doesn't really bother me.

so what are the yellow marks for on the underside of the tails?

I think they are actually White, and they appeared on the top surfaces too - same too for the Raspberry Ripple T2 - applied to Boscombe T Birds, but I'm not sure te exact purpose - must be there to measure something or other?

I think they are actually White, and they appeared on the top surfaces too - same too for the Raspberry Ripple T2 - applied to Boscombe T Birds, but I'm not sure te exact purpose - must be there to measure something or other?

I wonder if they are to measure heat?

Well I just lopped off some strange big curvy lump under the nose of the Hasejag- its not mentioned on the intructios and I cant see any pics of this lump on the real thing.. so chop chop chop

• 3 years later...
I wonder if they are to measure heat?

Well I just lopped off some strange big curvy lump under the nose of the Hasejag- its not mentioned on the intructios and I cant see any pics of this lump on the real thing.. so chop chop chop

I know its draging up an old thread, but I can answer the question on what the yellow paint is for on the tailplanes of the jag pictured in LFA7 (I would assume) is for. It's PR143 primer and its there because the paint around the rib to lower skin attachment fasteners has been removed (in Colt AMF I would wager) to see/remove/replace the pulled fasteners in these locations! In the military world, you cannot do the job and then recover the surface finish like the civilian MROs do! You had to get the painters in to do it! If they were unavailable, well prime it up and let it go flying, hopefully with a husbandry entry in the F700 to remind somebody that it needs painting! Sorry chaps, the lines mean nothing more than somebody not finishing off a job!