Harrier and Hunter

Another fine looking Hunter - and I like the underside, you've got it just the right shade of grey IMO. It may have been aluminium, but in photos it looks quite grey.

Hi Andy,

Great Hunter!! and excellent pics too; thanks very much for posting the pictures here. It looks similar to something I'd like to do, only finished.....

Cheers,

Andrew.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, next up, the Wessex Scheme has been selected,

Wessex_HAS1_RN815_XM843_001.jpg

and main assembly completed, grey-blue and yellow scheme painted and Kleared ready for decalling

EE_Wessex_001.jpg

managed to knock the 4 main cabin windows into the fuselage during assembly, so I shall be trying PVA to fill them. This has worked for smaller windows not so sure on this size. Failing that maybe clear decal film.

Edited by Andy Mullen

Evenin' Andy

I'd go with decal film for the repair, windows that big, the white-glue will end up 'pooling' in the four corners..... go-on ask me how I know :doh:

Ian

Regarding XV778 as she was in the Falklands, is the red 16 solid as per normal 1 Sqn HARs or outline? Is the yellow 16 on both outriggers? I take it the crew names were removed for operational purposes?

Regarding XV778 as she was in the Falklands, is the red 16 solid as per normal 1 Sqn HARs or outline? Is the yellow 16 on both outriggers? I take it the crew names were removed for operational purposes?

yes......(finished 2002 as per Nick Greenall's notes ) I used Modeldecal codes and overpainted them in Red and yellow -my initial attempts at printing my own were'nt successful - though i still have that decal sheet somewhere.......

42da1764.jpg

Thanks Bill, I emailed Nick and he confrimed same, apparently the "6" is a stencil style but they are solid colours.

Thats ok, must get "Red 16 " back off of Nick.....anyway any news on "early SHINY Harrier decal's?"

My GR1 is progressing (slowly, but progressing nonetheless!!!)

Cheers

Bill

Now my car has been fixed :S I can turn my attention back to all things plastic.

Heres a somewhat late update on the results of last weekends decalling.

I used the main marking for the Modeldecal sheet #99, the codes from other Modeldecal stencil sheets, and the exhuast and window warnings from the kit sheet.

The roundels came from a sheet supplied free on one of the 2004 Finescale Modeller magazines.

Should have this build completed by the end of the weekend.

EE_Wessex_002.jpg

EE_Wessex_003.jpg

EE_Wessex_004.jpg

EE_Wessex_005.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen

Right, I have tried both the PVA Glue and clear decal film on the windows and neither looked right, so I have remove all traces and left them open for now.

So, for now she is complete

EE_Wessex_006.jpg

EE_Wessex_007.jpg

EE_Wessex_008.jpg

EE_Wessex_009.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen

shame about the windows but she looks pretty good to me

Yeah the clear decal kept drying milky, and I couldn't get the PVA glue to fill the holes.

Still there is about another 10 schemes left on the Modeldecal sheet, so I may have another go sometime in the future.

Wow, that's the old Frog kit? Fantastic stuff, really impressed with that.

From what I have gathered from the web I believe it to be the Frog kit.

On to the last of my entries which will be the Harrier.

I couldn't get hold of any of the correct serial numbers for the XV757 scheme, so I shall be attempting to create them this weekend.

I just have to apply a Klear coat and I can start adding the decals.

HS_HarrierGR1_001_002.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen