RAAF BAe 125 VIP Transport

Romeo Alpha Yankee

A bit of background for you...

In the late 1980s the RAAF was looking for new VIP aircraft to equip 34SQN. The BAC-111, HS748 and Falcon 20 on strength had been in service for over 20 years (all arrived in 1968). A number of types were investigated and the eventual winner was Dassault with the Falcon 900.

One of the types offered was the BAe 125 along with the BAe 146. As I was on strength at the SQN during the time I remember a print with the 125 and 146 in proposed RAAF colours hanging in the CO's office. Suffice to say I don't remember the specifics but I decided to have a stab at a What If. Colours and markings are based on the schemes on the fleet at the time and the tail number is actually one worn by one of the Falcon 900s.

The kit is the Matchbox 125-600. I believe the type offered to the RAAF was the -800 but I will not let that get in the way of my Whif :D . I got this kit off Ebay and it was minus transparencies so I had to make windscreen pillars and fill the openings with Testor Clear cement. When these pictures were taken the clear was still setting so the windows look milky. Declas were from the spares box with the cheat line and cabin door and overwing exits masked (a tad too thick fore my liking but a bit too late to worry about).

Hope you like!

HS-125Frontright.jpg

HS-125Frontleft.jpg

HS-125Rearleft.jpg

• Like 1