Another Typhoon question

Rabspat

Sorry about all these questions, let me explain why i am asking simple and probably stupid questions. I got a Hasegawa Hawker Typhoon Mk 1b 48th Teardrop canopy from a friend, there was a catch he already put the fuse together and the wings without painting the Cockpit which has left me no option but to paint what can be seen and to close the canopy :shithappens: . Now the big catch he lost the instructions so i am working blind. Now i don't mind working blind or any of the above. But it brings up stupid questions like this.

What colour is the wheelwells and Undercarriage legs? Being serious with this question as well i have no idea lol.

I can say this building a kit with no instructions is rather fun

Around 1963, in the IPMS(UK) magazine, Laurie Robinson published a walkround, that he'd done on a 198 Squadron Typhoon just after D-day, in which he said that wheel wells, and the door interiors, were all silver.

Edgar

I'd always understood the wells to be a dull silver and the doors to be either the same dull silver or the underside (MSG) colour. Personally I'd have no qualms about either.

Ian

well as most have said Dull Silver i painted them Flat Aluminum then weathered it with Tamiya Smoke. It looks pretty good, thanks for the help on this. Rowan Thanks for the offer for a scan of the instructions but i am finding it highly fun running blind and is getting me out of the rut.

Rab