1/32 Tornado ECR

OK guys the build is underway

And this is my First 1/32 model in about 9-12 months :unsure::unsure:

I found out I'm a bit rusty but here goes

I've spent the last week or so assembling fuel tanks, missle pylons , pod pylons

now I have started the pit , good I hate hand painting these

in my view get a nice pre-painted set from eduard splosh on the glue- stick away

bing one realistic looking pit

one problem no PE set for the ECR :angry::angry:

So I have had to hand paint it

and have to say it looks about as real as a cartoon cat looks like a real cat

but it dosen't matter too much ... as this is going to be a closed canopy model

so heres my progress for you all to have a good laugh at :lol::lol:

front section

ECRTORNADO006.jpg

rear section

ECRTORNADO005.jpg

and front and back X2

ECRTORNADO004.jpg

ECRTORNADO003.jpg

Ok some pictures

Grab your sides guys , and dont drink and laugh at the same time

or you end up with a messy Screen and keyboard :lol: :lol:

ECRTORNADO011.jpg

ECRTORNADO014.jpg

ECRTORNADO013.jpg

ECRTORNADO012.jpg

I've got one of these in my stash, bought for the paltry of £14 by Nigel... It's going to get the bejeezuz knocked out of it with aftermarket when I finally get around to building it. Can't decide what scheme yet though... Grey, desert pink (yawn), or camo? I'm erring on the side of grey right now... yeah, I know... grey :rolleyes: I've got a 1:48 Italeri IDS that I can do in desert camo later.

Keep up the good work Sean...

Think I'm going to cry now

but thanks for the picture , i think i can get the brush in there to change it :speak_cool::speak_cool::speak_cool:

You can remove the silver loop on the seat.It's for the connections for the air,comms & G-suit & is'nt fitted to operational jets.I't's normally fitted to the crew's suit anyway.

See top photo.! In the cockpit photo you can see a blue strap draped over a instrament panel.That's a leg strap that fits thru links on the G-Suit.

mk10a34l.jpg

mk10seat.jpg

Yep its a Luftwaffe version

well i tried to repaint it , but failed as its all assembled in the fuselage

no biggie though as i only do closed cockpit planes :yahoo:

so what i'll do is make a few covers to hide it

shame there is no coloured PE Sets for these planes :rofl:

How's the fit so far? I've been wanting to do one of these for years...really go the extra mile on it. Infact it was between this and the FA.2, the sheer size of the Harrier twisted my arm though. Any problems with it so far sean? Will be nice to see it all closed up.

• 2 weeks later...
Well nine months away has come to haunt me :rofl:

this looks like a retard has built it badley , but luckily for me I have a spare kit :analintruder:

so i'm gonna start again with a new kit , and bin this one

stay tooned for round 2

Don't bin it Sean, just keep it to one side as a donor for any parts you might need.

Mine's going to be a British Tornado. With the aid of Mr Parkin's Flightpath update set, you can convert your Fin to any British mark if you have the right nose to start with. :D

Well I have been stealing bits from the old build , To save me doing them again

But I stripped out the old pit , then took the paint off

Now this is the funny thing ... Same kit but the detail on the new kit I have is better than the old one

anyway Given it an airbrushing .. I'll do some detail work on that soon

Spent quite a bit of the day scribing .. hopefully i'll have the back end and wings all assembled today :analintruder:

• 1 year later...
How's the fit so far? I've been wanting to do one of these for years...really go the extra mile on it. Infact it was between this and the FA.2, the sheer size of the Harrier twisted my arm though. Any problems with it so far sean? Will be nice to see it all closed up.

Jake,

I want to see you tackle the 1/32 Tonka after what you did to the Harrier....THAT would be a good watch!

James

Flippin' eck and the BM Massif give me a hard time over my ECR Tiger Tonka, :hmmm: now this thread has crept out the vault, have you finished it yet MC Hammer :yikes: Or did you use your "Tool Fine Aedjusting" on it? :tease:

Bex von StillNotFinishedHerTigerTonka

this is a pleasant surprise- this far without the use of Seany's spanner-rock on !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bex

p.s: hammer.gif

Edited by bexwh773

Oh this kit I totally forgot about it ..tell the truth I got it all primed and rescribed ..but lost interest in it .. So I chucked it in the bin

Couldn't be bothered with it the cockpit looked s***e ..as there is no decent colour PE set for it ..the Other fact its a Tornado which is a fugly plane as well

But I do have a 72 GR1 in my stash with a colour pe set for the cockpit :analintruder: