Can someone tell me why....

Mark

Good question, obviously someone wants it pretty bad. The only thing I can think of is the fact that it's still got the airliner windows in it... although I would have thought it'd be cheaper to get an RAF one and drill them out again??

Bet the person listing it is surprised it's gone to £21!

Karl.

I've got one in similar condition languishing in the loft (in BA colours). I plan to strip it back and re-do it in BOAC Cunard or BUA colours.

How difficult is it to reconvert the more recent tanker VC-10 moulding back to airliner standard (given that there are some inaccuracies in the basic kit anyway)?

That is just ridiculous - especially as a complete, boxed, unstarted one went for £16 earlier in the week!!! (I was watching it to judge the state of the market as I was thinking of chucking my airliner version on e-bay as I also have 3 tankers! I think my mind's just been made up!!! :analintruder: )

Keef

Thats a lovely bid history :evil_laugh:

Mind you e-bay has that effect on people sometimes - too easy to become fixated on the one oyu want - without seeing if theres an identical item a few bids down.

I've got an Airfix seafire 47 for a very reasonable amount by just looking around on e-bay, rather than jumping in to the most recent item. but it was till £25 or so. I wanted it and was prepared to pay that amount, so the gamble was worth that amount, but no more.

I've always though of e-bay as gambling for people that don't gamble. ie the dealer ALWAYS wins :)

Cheers

JonKT

Hmm wonder what my Jerry Rutmann 1/32 finnish Brewster B-239 would go for....

Mind you e-bay has that effect on people sometimes Cheers

JonKT

Cant deny that Jon, one of our Lightning Gang was after a Black Box Ooojitthingymebob and ended up bidding on 4 of them, only to be beaten each time by the same person, so he sent the guy a message to explain and try and broker a deal, only to be told that he got them to stop anyone else from having them.. weird huh?

BExy

Cant deny that Jon, one of our Lightning Gang was after a Black Box Ooojitthingymebob and ended up bidding on 4 of them, only to be beaten each time by the same person, so he sent the guy a message to explain and try and broker a deal, only to be told that he got them to stop anyone else from having them.. weird huh?

BExy

Now that is :mental: He shouldn't be loose in the community :hypnotised:

BExy

Myyy preciousssssssss!

• 1 month later...

I'm looking at this late, and have missed the bid histories and detail.

The Airfix VC-10 airliner is a VERY rare beast, commanding a high price (I've seen them at £50 at shows - with 30 year old decals). The mould has been modified to the tanker version - so no more can ever be made.

There is a converted tanker at ARC>gallery>jet aircraft>airliners> 1/144 Airfix VC-10, Which is exactly how I'm going to build a British Airways VC-10 using S&M decals.

As for the 747 with Lufthansa decals, another rare beast - for which there are cheaper alternates, if you know how.

Leave these overpriced items for those with more money than sense.

These are plastic bits and bobs, dependent utterly on a fickle collectors whim for value. Taken out of that context they are just a lot of poo. We of sound mind recognize that. So, in our never ending search for justice, we marvel at the seeming lack of good sense among others.

I think P.T. Brnuam had it right:

“There's a sucker born every minute”

Edited by dahut