Fleet Air Arm RA-5C Vigilante

bexwh773

Good one Bex! :goodjob:

Nice to see that you kept going even though it was giving you grief.

So that's another whif done, what's next?

Cheers

Richard.

So that's another whif done, what's next?

Cheers

Richard.

Hi Richard, thanks for the kind words. Ive just started a Mk3 Shackleton for a birthday present for next month, but I have one in mind thats being planned but the history part of it Im hoping will be a joint effort with Hatchet, plus a couple of others that are being sourced. I wont build a Whiffer out of a Canberra, I just cant bring myself to do that, besides, with 1,352 built who needs a Whiffer :lol: Ive got a nice one lined up for a military A380 though :evil_laugh:

Bex

Now, as I'm skiing off piste here, how about a Buccaneer in USN colours? - you can't go letting the imaginary Yanks sell us imaginary kit without returning the imaginery favour can you?

JonKT

Jon, I saw someone had done a bucc done in USN colours recently and it just looked so right, and cool too. (might have been on Leigh's site?)

Bex, very nice job on that Vigi! At least if we had them, we'd still have 'real' carriers...

Karl.

Yes it was Leigh's, but it was USMC... here it is USMC Bucc

Edited by dswoofie

Bring it on honey! punk.gif

:viking:

It was your idea :viking: and I told you I was gonna do it, you just said do it a different way. I'll let you know when I start this 2 into 1 kit and we can work together on it :thumbsup2: I like this sneaky beaky model building & cryptic discussions :wicked:

Bexy

Bex, I like your thinking there fella.

I have a radio controlled ducted fan RA5 waiting to get built in the garage, and your ideas getting copied, hope you don't mind....it looks the mutts nuts mate. :thumbsup:

Dave, glad you like it, you go for it, if you need any info let me know :thumbsup2:

Dean, the more i look at it the more and more i like it. I might even have to do a heavily armed one instead oneday.

Becky

• 2 weeks later...

The Vigilante looks ace - always did have a soft spot for them. I'm looking forward to seeing your militarised A380, though!!!! Care to share a little more gen on that, Bex?

Dan

The Vigilante looks ace - always did have a soft spot for them. I'm looking forward to seeing your militarised A380, though!!!! Care to share a little more gen on that, Bex?

Dan

nice one Bex!!! I want to see it land on the tiny Arc Royal not the big one you were probubly thinking of.

I love these WI's, i might have a go myself.

Thanks Wayne, these Whiffys are fun, even more so if you have a story to go with it, just this one wound me up a bit. My next one will be amusing thats for sure :yahoo:

Bexy

Sharp - the color scheme goes nicely with that airframe!

Kolja, Sean,

Thanks for the kind words :thumbsup2: The Vigilante has actually grown on me alot so once Ive gone through a few normal aircraft and I can find another one, I might do a heavily armed FAA one but Im not sure yet as Ive got a another daft idea or two tucked away in the braincell for later use.

Bexy

• 2 weeks later...

Great Bex; does not look out of place at all..