Best 1:48 FW190 kit

AnonymousDFB1

Hi gang,

Can the panel please tell me in their views what the best 1:48 FW190 kit is?

I have a hankering to built a prop job and as the FW 190 is my second favourite WW2 aircraft. I would like to try one.

I'm not fussed on marks. Just a nice good fitting, reasonably detailed, out of the box build will do me.

Thanks.

The Eduard ones are the best detailed of the A-series. Not so easy to build.

The new Hasegawa early A-series is supposed to be easier to build than the earlier Trimaster/Dragon kits that it was developed from.

Tamiya make the easiest build, even if the critics say it isnĀ“t correct enough.

When it comes to the long nosed ones, the Trimaster and its clones (Hasegawa, Dragon, Italeri, Revell?) are again more correct than the Tamiya, but the Tamiya are easier builds, and with a few correcting resin parts superb kits.

I'd plump for the Hasegawa or Tamiya A model Mish old dear. There are other kits which might be a tiny bit better detailed, or maybe more accurate, but these are nice and easy to make :)

Jen.

Thanks Jen, Hag I'm not too keen on, had bad experience with their kits. Tamiya I like had really good experience with their kit's so far.

The Eduard ones are the best detailed of the A-series. Not so easy to build.

The new Hasegawa early A-series is supposed to be easier to build than the earlier Trimaster/Dragon kits that it was developed from.

Tamiya make the easiest build, even if the critics say it isnĀ“t correct enough.

When it comes to the long nosed ones, the Trimaster and its clones (Hasegawa, Dragon, Italeri, Revell?) are again more correct than the Tamiya, but the Tamiya are easier builds, and with a few correcting resin parts superb kits.

Thanks Den, It's looking like a Tamiya.

Mish if your criteria are good fitting, reasonably detailed, out of the box build then I would absolutely go for the Tamiya kit, it really is a breeze to build and even a ham fisted modeler like me can turn out a decent model OOB.

This is one I did last year, it is Tamiya's Fw 190A-8 backdated to an A-7 model.

Fw190A-7_23.jpg

Fw190A-7_25.jpg

Cheers

Mish good luck with your A3, I'll be looking forward to seeing it progress here on BM, oh and thanks for the kind words on the 190.

Cheers