Which 1/144 Concorde?

Mark

Hi all,

The title says it all really. If I was going to do a Concorde, which of the two kits is the better one?

I,ve only built the airfix one and can say I wasn't really pleased. It looks Concorde enough when done, but for me just wasn't a really satisfying build.

I have heard the Revell one is better, with a bit more detail all around.

I've got the Airfix one on the go at the moment mate. Needs a bit of work, but then, for a man of your modeling prowess, it'd be as easy as feeding the ducks in the park.

The Revell one's not bad, and you can pose it's hooter up or down depending on how you swing. The Airfix one's fixed.

Check out this link though. It says it all..

http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/port...oncorde_144.htm

All well chap?

Nick

Here's a comparison of the Airfix Prototype, Airfix 2nd tooling and Revell's Concordes.

Judge for youself what looks most accurate, but to me they all look like Concordes...........

291483479.jpg

291483477.jpg

291483474.jpg

• Like 1

I have nearly completed my rebuild concord 1/100 for an friend. The model was in terrible state, and not accurate. It took an longtime to finish it, because of very bad fit, loads of filler and sanding to shape. I airbrushed it gloss white with tiny drop of blue. Decals where very old nearly 30 or more years and yellowed, which I could not get away. The sheme is fantasy as I have been looking for the prototype which this model is. I'm happy to have taken it to the end, and will start the Revell 1/144 one which I could buy cheaply in my lhs. Keep in mind that the Revell is also available in an giftset including paint brush and clue. It is expensive as well for such very small Concorde. For the same price or bit more you buy the 1/72 version of Airfix which seems to be good but BIG!! :speak_cool:

DSC05783.jpg

DSC05781.jpg

Edited by Eric2020