Sd.Kfz. 186 JagdTiger Henschel Dragon 1/35

I've added another coat of each taint, with the addition of a few drop of white paint (Tamiya, which blend very well with lifecolor):

photo_31.jpg

photo_32.jpg

I didn't do it very well, as you may see:

- You can't notice anything on the dunkelgelb, I should have put more white paint.

- The olivgrün is now nearly too light, too much white paint!

- Only the rotbraun looks good to me.

Well, thanks, Pete.

But I'm taking a break, waiting for my set of punch & die to arrive home.

Then I'll be able to finish the work on the camo (Small rounds of the two other colors on each band), before going on to the weathering.

;)

Antoine

Only just picked up on this thread

The Tiger looks great, I never got the hang of painting the tracks off then sticking them on, good to see your technique, I just glue them on and paint them after, loads of weathering hides a whole lot!!

Look forwards to seeing more of this

Hello, OzH,

Well, I have to agree with you, I could have done it this way. There is nearly a different way to do it with each tank you build.

But I also can say "I just glued the tracks apart, and taken advantage of this to paint them."

I mean, if you really think about it, the way I choose is not more difficult in fact, with many advantages afterwards.

You just have to try it next time!

;)

:worthy: You gents, Antoine, Tango, and of course Daz, can have all the Tank kits I would have built, that's toooo rich for me blood...you are the masters I'll stick with the simple stuff.

It only looks, Perry.

This JT is in fact my third "tracked" model.

Forget about the first.

The second was this Pz I:

photo_12.jpg

I've had a very difficult time with the tracks, never get them glued properly, and in the model ended in the trash can, cause I was really fed up.

I was a little afraid thereafter, and this is why I choosed to build the Sd.Kfz. 222.

Then I thought it was time to try again with something on tracks.

So, complicated?

I don't think so, even if I've made some error in this build.

Just try.

Edited by Antoine

i've only built one armour subject, DAK halftrack, 1/76 Matchbox with rubber tracks! :lol:

Your build is fantastic Antoine, cool method for putting on the tracks!

I have to admit, I've caught the armour bug, I bought 5 kits today on ebay :blush: (All 1/72 DAK armoured cars, no tracks! 4 ICM kits and 1 Roden)

Hey, I may have goofed again, painting red and white the gun cleaning rod, that I took for a marking rod, in case the machine is used for arty fire.

But at least I saw it painted like that on some book.

:rolleyes:

Hey, I may have goofed again, painting red and white the gun cleaning rod, that I took for a marking rod, in case the machine is used for arty fire.

But at least I saw it painted like that on some book.

:rolleyes:

Don't know about red/white, I wouldn't have thought a gun cleaning rod would have been painted like that, but it's still looking great.