Prince Harry's Return

Richard E

Won't add this to the existing thread on Prince Harry and I hope it's not considered flippant.

That's the first time I've seen a Tristar in the dark grey scheme (camo grey?), am I the only one that thinks it looks very smart even with the RAF's "corporate" logos.

supposed to be tactical 'not'
- Wrong
Bring back the White scheme for me

Sorry guys but you are both wrong. Done for very good reasons which I won't go into here, although I don't understand why the wing engines are shiny metal instead of being grey; that f***s it up completely.

And finally two and six look military instead of being some glorified airline (to quote Pete) - NOT!

Edited by Roland Pulfrew

- Wrong

Sorry guys but you are both wrong. Done for very good reasons which I won't go into here, although I don't understand why the wing engines are shiny metal instead of being grey; that f***s it up completely.

And finally two and six look military instead of being some glorified airline (to quote Pete) - NOT!

Mmm, thinking 'reflective' and 'heat source'

- Wrong

Sorry Roland I know what you are alluding to regarding the paint. If the wings and engine cowlings had been painted grey and I cant see why. 'save wieght'

then yes I agree 2 and sixpence would look military.

Looks like this has turned into one of Britmodeller's interesting debates.

Nudging it off onto a tangent would there be any milage in a 1/144th aftermarket decal sheet for the current markings for RAF "heavies": Welsh Models produce a Tristar, Nimrod, Hercules and VC10, Airfix produce also produce a VC10 and we have a C17 coming from Revell and (IIRC) a C130 and E3 Sentry coming from Minicraft.

Model Alliance, Xtradecal any thoughts?

TwoSix decals already do a sheet for the 101Sqn anniversary scheme on the VC-10 for the Airfix kit, and the Airfix kit now has one of the two options being for the "grey" VC-10 out of the box.

Eng