Tamiya 1/48 P47 Bubbletop - the sequel

gcn

Right all set to have another go based on the Tamiya P-47 with Freightdogs rather excellent decals

TA61090.jpg

FSD48001.jpg

I have to say that the Tamiya kit is really a step up from the Hasegawa offering and I'm looking forward to getting this one started.

I've just got to get a Mk xive Sptfire out of the way first also using decals from this sheet, hopefully by next weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok some progress

This one has a touch of Groundhog Day about it

P1010018.jpg

P1010017.jpg

P1010016.jpg

The photos don't really do it justice with the flash wiping out colour and detail. Assembly of cockpit tomorrow and then onto the engine

• 3 weeks later...

P1010009.jpg

P1010008-1.jpg

P1010007-1.jpg

P1010006.jpg

Home straight now should be finished in a couple of days. Not much of a build log due to crappy photo taking so just bought a tripod for the camera so my next one should be much more of a walkthrough.

My decision not to wire the engine looks justified as you'd never notice several hours work.

It looks the danglies.

There was a brilliant article in FSM about the 1/72 version of this, all done up in NMF. I bet its even better in 1/48

95 pictures and umpty nine sets of batteries later...

By the by, you are using rechargeable batteries, right?

washes and decals on

P1010003.jpg

P1010002-2.jpg

P1010001-2.jpg

clearly the wash has to come off :oops:

just some minor tinkering and a matt coat and its done

usual faux pas on the decal application but hey ho

the wing join looks a little wide because it tried to fly and failed

thanks for that it really is an excellent decal sheet. I've already done a Spitfire Mkxive from it and plan to do the Razorback at some stage.

Looking at the photos I really should have tidied the thing up before posting them it looks a touch sloppy.

The wing is easily fixed as is cleaning up the wash and then its a matt coat and putting on the final sub assemblies. Hopefully finished pics at the weekend when I can take some photos in daylight.

Well i'm finished. I have a real problem doing the last 10%

P1010017-1.jpg

P1010002-3.jpg

P1010001-3.jpg

P1010015.jpg

Overall an enjoyable build and a quality model for the price. I do like alcad but as this is my 2nd one of these this year I think i'm all P-47'd out.

ah well onto the next one

stunning build :wow: ,now go search that carpet,cause i bet there is another jug lost in that pile!!! :S

I really need to set up some sort of area to take the photos :analintruder:

thanks for the comments gents much appreciated.