FineMolds Tie Fighter

After a break of 13 years this is the first model completed out of my stash, first time using an airbrush to complete a model and I really enjoyed it, was a great learning curve.

As for the Kit its the 1/72 Finemolds Tie fighter out of thier star was collection, I can't say enough about this kit it's great easy to build and tons of detail, As for the paint I did some improve on the colours seeing as I can't read Japanese, I also missed out some parts for the cockpit as I got abit ahead of myself arr well and I used phils wash for the first time excellent product it makes the model look 100% better and also used Klear (Future) to seal it and apply the decals, So overall a great builds now I just need to see what I should build next.

StevesTieFighter0007.jpg

StevesTieFighter0002.jpg

StevesTieFighter0003.jpg

StevesTieFighter0005.jpg

StevesTieFighter0004.jpg

StevesTieFighter0006.jpg

Also included is a picture of my new "Man Room" actually the missus wouldn't let me have the 4th bed room as a modeling, no thats her craft room!! I have to settle for the workshop in the garage at least theres a beer fridge full of Coronas when I get thirsty. It still needs to be lined and have more power points added and better lighting as well as one of those bank teller seats as the bench is a touch to high.

StevesManRoom0008.jpg

Everything looks lovely, Steve. I really like your TIE fighter - what is that stand thingie it is on? I mean other than a stand thingie (this aint coming out right!)

And why are you drinking that piddle-water, Corona? I thought you Kiwis had some of the best brew on the planet?

Edited by dahut

Steve, that's a great Tie Fighter mate! Really looks the biz! Absolutely excellent as it's your first one since a break, you'd never know at all, spot on!

I like the 'man room' too. Looks like you've got yourself well sorted in there for now... what more could you want, you've got the kits, the music (ipod there on the shelf), the beer, space for a modelling buddy... and I assume there's Pizza delivery not too far away?? Hell, if I ever get to NZ :pray::pray::pray: I'll have to pop by and test it for suitabilty :lol:

I'm still trying to shuffle the crap around in my garage to make some proper space... but it WILL happen!

Karl.

Phooooooooooooooooor nice Lava Lamp :lol: Only pulling your chain mate! Hows you eh? Sheds looking tidy and it's inhabitted by a very smart looking Tie Fighter, nice one Steve B)

Oi when you've finnished your shed, do fancy doing mine covertly? (Missus wants a new bedroom suite before I'm allowed to tackle mine <_< . Cheers cobber, once again awsome work. Jim :D

"Corona" is from Mexico, of course. It is way too light and anyone knows the only good Mexican beers are 'Dos Equis', 'Sol' or 'Pacifico.' Heck, the Mexi's dont even drink it! Over here, Corona is largely for college pledges, yuppies and chavs (Steve, Kiwis are excluded).

For me, it is Yuengling "Black and Tan," a tasty porter. That's the drum I beat. It's from the oldest brewery in the US, in operation before Anhueser OR Busch were in their prams. My motto? "Just say NO to Budweiser."