Chinook HC1 1/72

Finished this last night. My Matchbox 1/72 HC1 Chinook depicted as ZA708 of Boscombe Down in 1983, where it was being use for icing trials around the world. The kit itself was pants (i wont be buying another!). I've put the ramp down, but there is no added detail inside other than weathering. The front canopy is a whole piece and it was wider than the body it mates too; so lots of sanding down. The antennas are all made of plasticard and stretched sprue. The camera pods are made of Plastic rod and squared off at the top. The markings were a pain to get right but eventually......... oh and i learn't that what ever colour decal you use, you must put a white one underneath. The ones i got were more see through than a politician. Anyway my thanks to:

Don Mcintyre - for advise on the antenna

Dave Fleming & Paul Bradley for info on the Helo itself - thanks for you time guys. Sorry about the quality of the photo's its a new small 3m pixel camera. Oh the orange is a lot more colourful in reality. Dont know why but in the photo it looks quite bleeched.

PICT0015.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

Edited by speedy

All together now.........wokka wokka wokka wokka wokka!!!!!!

Nice looking build Speedy.

John.