OK now that I am out of the doldrums I need some help!

AnonymousER99

Hi all

Well I have decided that my Dynavector Javelin will be finished and nothing will get in the way of it!! All other projects other than some masters for Two Mikes have been shelved (except for one Gundam waiting for paint).

So,

I have googled my butt off and came up with little on the big old girl so I am turning to you, the BM readership!! I need refs and even more importantly maybe a book recommendation. How bout load outs?? I know it was pure interceptor so I am assuming Red Tops?

Thanks for looking

Mike2

Hi Mike2

There was a book many moons ago 1983!

Postwar Military Aircraft :1 Gloster Javelin by Maurice Allward

Ian Allan Pub ISBN 0 7110 1323 3

CIMG4900.jpg

Also Warpaint #17 by Tony Butler currently showing as back in stock at www.hannants.co.uk

CIMG4902.jpg

HTH

Adrian

Edited by atdb27

Aircraft Illustrated, August 1984; Aeroplane Monthly, February/March 1996, May, 1998, January 2004; Scale Models July, 1975; Scale Aircraft Modelling July, 1979; Aeromodeller January, 1957; "Service history of the Gloster Javelin Marks 7 to 9R," by Roger Lindsay; Warpaint Series No.17, by Tony Buttler; "Gloster Javelin," by Richard A. Franks, for Dalrymple & Verdun Publishing.

There might be more.

Edgar

Hi all

Well I have decided that my Dynavector Javelin will be finished and nothing will get in the way of it!! All other projects other than some masters for Two Mikes have been shelved (except for one Gundam waiting for paint).

So,

I have googled my butt off and came up with little on the big old girl so I am turning to you, the BM readership!! I need refs and even more importantly maybe a book recommendation. How bout load outs?? I know it was pure interceptor so I am assuming Red Tops?

Thanks for looking

Mike2

Good luck with that Mike, Its a pretty impressive model when completed.....a couple of pointers....there's a small moulding flaw on the port (I think) elevator line, you can pack the inside with milliput and gently file down the correct "hinge-line".

I don't think any nose weight is mentioned in the instructions. This is okay until you add the metal afterburner cans - your "Flying Iron" model then does a good impression of a Lightning take-off!!!!

As for weaponry... The Javelin could use ferry/drop tanks (plumbed on all four stations), and these were very similar to (if not the same as) the 230 Gallon tanks used on the Hunter FGA9/FR10. Someone did do a resin IFR probe as well.

There's plenty of references to Javelins FAW9 's flying with three empty pylons and ONE Firestreak (Inner port pylon?).

Enjoy this kit - she's a beauty (And the wing vortex generators CAN be "glued" in place with paint! Taro was right!!!)

I have a walkaround that I did of the Mark 5 at Coventry that may or may not be of use (there are some detail differences between the mark 5 and the mark 9 of the Dynavector kit). PM me your address if you want me to send you a CD with them on.

Well that is very generous of you Paul!! I will happily take you up on that offer. The plan at the moment is to have this one ready for Virginia Beach. Are you going BTW??

No worries, I'll stick it in the mail for you; just return it when you are done with it. :)

Nope, can't go to VB. :thumbsdown: