A Naval Bucc

Guest Cop

Guest Cop

Well it was a toss up between the Banana & the Frightning. But in the end I decided to throw caution to the wind and go with the Banana.

Its going to be a FAA variant complete with a Neomega pit, Airwaves etch and decals by Model Alliance.

Let the swearing begin.

gbair001.JPG

And just to tease Gary, aclose up of the Neomega pit. Lovely.

gbair002.JPG

Guest Cop

Well the first plastic has been cut and the new resin coaming put in place. I first chain scribed around the part to be removed so i had a rough guide to aim for. I then chain drilled just inside the scribe marks.

gbair003.JPG

then using my scalpel and a sanding stick I cut out the Airfix coaming and sanded back to the scribed line.

gbair004.JPG

It was then just a matter of some final trimming and sanding before plonking the Neomega replacement in.

gbair005.JPG

Not much difference between the old and the new :P .

gbair006.JPG

I'll put a list up of prizes so far in a couple of days.

Nigel.

Guest Cop

Well put some work in on the cockpit. Didn't turn out to bad.

gbair007.JPG

gbair008.JPG

gbair009.JPG

gbair010.JPG

gbair011.JPG

I'll soon be attempting the dubious task of getting the fuselage haves together :deadhorse: . Suppose to be a bit of a nightmare by all accounts.

Nigel.

That's the first time I've seen one painted up and have to say it looks rather nice. Of course, the fact it was so well done helps. Cracking build so far mate :clap2:

Excellent work! I may have to get one of those resin 'pits for my Banana, although I've already got some PE for it. Hmmm, looks like I may have to get another Banana too. Oh woe... :winkgrin:

Question - Where can I get hold of this resin 'pit? Hannants don't list it on their website...

You have to go direct at the moment, here, but they've stopped production for a short while, as the main man is back in Russia doing some necessary repairs to their workshop there. Apparently, they'll be back up & running shortly though, so you'll be able to pick on up soon. :)

You have to go direct at the moment, here, but they've stopped production for a short while, as the main man is back in Russia doing some necessary repairs to their workshop there. Apparently, they'll be back up & running shortly though, so you'll be able to pick on up soon. :)

Great stuff - thanks!

Nice work so far Cop, that resin cockpit is a cracking bit of moulding! And the painting is alright as well :lol:

The fit of the fuselage is actually very good if you do it right. The last one I did I used super glue and accelerator and just gradually worked my way from front to rear pushing and shoving as I went. Ended up needing next no filler.

Intakes and exhausts are another matter....................... :toilet:

Jen.

Guest Cop

I experimented, which is the beauty of this hobby.

I first sprayed the whole lot with midnight black. Then I misted on the base colour which is Xtracrylix RAF Med Sea Grey. Not to heavy mind, as I wanted the black to show through in the areas which would be in shadow. So to facilitate this effect its a case of spraying from the direction the light would fall into the pit, does that make sense? I got this method from Skii.

Once that was on I picked out some of the instrument clusters in Dk Slate Grey. Then a black wash used which picks out the knobs and switches. Followed by a light Grey dry brushing, then a much lighter dry brushing of silver in the prominent areas of wear. Then I picked out various coloured knobs and switches using photos as a reference. Citadel paints were used for this. Then white paint was applied to the instrument faces followed by some reheat instrument decals which were removed from the decal sheet by means of various size punch and dies. A drop of Klear over them to simulate the glass and I'm done.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Only took a day. Which isn't bad considering that I spent a day fitting the bomb bay cover to the lower fuselage and sorting out the access panels, panel lines and rivet detail. They just seem to fade away the higher up the fuselage you go. I also test fitted the tail, oh dear much work ahead. :huh: More pics on the way. Should be able to get a large amount done in the next two days Wendy's away in Cuba for the week and I have two rest days.

Cheers for the comments thus far. Glad to see the GB picking up pace.

Nigel.