The Stringbag Diorama

Madman

This is just utterly amazing, I can't believe the patience you have shown with the whole thing... I'd have just curled up in the corner and cried :crying:

The attention to detail is amazing, and it should look spectacular once it's finished. I love the idea of the fish in the water, adds some realism there 100%

Just pure fantastic work :worthy:

I'll be keeping up to date on this thread now! :popcorn:

Karl.

Hah! :lol: Good old Mental's comment about the bike started your brain a-ticking... great solution, and it also adds a little humour to the diorama. I also like the ladder offset to mimic the way light bends when it hits the water. Only thing is, shouldn't all the struts of the pier also be offset? :owww: I wouldn't blame you if you just ignored me & looked the other way :whistle:

In parallel to the engine, I rebuild the trout. I dismissed Mr. Surfacer for the flesh (too many coats, ugly shape) and elected Modelling Material. The material is very smooth, sticks well together, and can be massaged wonderfully. It dries in the oven.

080804Swordfish_01.jpg

In the middle, an "old" Mr. Surfacer fish, left and right "new" ones. I will sand them slightly when dry.

080804Swordfish_02.jpg

Congratulations on three fine builds Pierre!

Here's hoping Mk.3 goes well... your perseverance and good humour throughout is as much to your credit as your modelling skill. :worthy:

I backed the trout for 30 minutes at 110°C, they were almost "al dente". A little Mr. Surface here and there, plus a coat of silver. They are now ready for the paint.

080805Swordfish_01.jpg

For the pleasure of your eyes, a close-up of the pilot discussing the weather with the mechanic.

080805Swordfish_02.jpg

Pierre,

I havent commented on this for a while, because Ive learnt that with your work, one look is not enough, to look at your work requires many views to fully appreciate the detail that you include. Right now all I can think of to say is totally outstanding Sir :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Bex

Pierre, the pleasure is all mine, you have taken a fantastic kit and as always turned it into something very special indeed. I think it would take pride of place at any Aviation museum.

Greg

Thank you Greg, that's a lovely title indeed! <VBG>

Pierre,

I have read through all these posts from page one and I am absolutely blown away by your modeling skill and wisdom. To go to all this hard work for a third time is dedication indeed.

I am in awe of your work sir.