The Stringbag Diorama

Madman

Building of the diorama around my Swordfish. The aircraft building post is here: http://www.britmodeler.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9771

I bought a standard frame, lowered the back and added a new ply-wood floor.

080216Swordfish01export_edited.jpg

Chopping wood :)

080216Swordfish02export_edited.jpg

Should look about that way.

080216Swordfish03export_edited.jpg

The floor of the jetty is laid out.

080216Swordfish06export_edited.jpg

There will be plenty of room for storage.

080216Swordfish07export_edited.jpg

Edited by Madman

• 2 weeks later...

The resin I used for the water stayed sticky after a week! I fixed this by pouring a layer of Future on it, which dried very fast. As an unwanted side-effect, I got small riddles along the floats, exactely where would be in reality :)

:D:D:D

080309Swordfishexport%20copie.jpg

080309Swordfish-8export%20copie.jpg

080309Swordfish-4export%20copie.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

:speak_cool:

This is probably in my top 5, if not no.1 in the list of admired models! Absolutely amazing! I joined this forum try and gain re-inspiration for a hobby that i love and grew up with. I haven't touced a model in 10 - 15 years, marriage, children and career! I have this model stashed away and i am going to get it out and try to do some of the justice to it that you have shown. Not a snowballs chance in Ski Dubai!

However, you have inspired me to start again, thank you.

:partytime:

How on earth did I miss this?? Pierre that has to be the single best Swordfis I have ever seen and your work on the jetty and the water really bring it to life and put it in its element. May I ask what brand of resin you used?? Looks crystal clear.

Truly the work of an amazing craftsman. I would LOVE to see this one in person.

Great job Pierre

• 2 weeks later...
How on earth did I miss this?? Pierre that has to be the single best Swordfis I have ever seen and your work on the jetty and the water really bring it to life and put it in its element. May I ask what brand of resin you used?? Looks crystal clear.

Truly the work of an amazing craftsman. I would LOVE to see this one in person.

Great job Pierre

I'd like to know the same about the resin. As well, were you able to put the kit in the resin without any side effects by it curing?