Raspberry Ripples

Hi everyone, here is a selection of some of my MOD models which some of you may have seen at various model shows. I am currently working on several new ones to "refresh" the line up for the Salisbury show. Models are 1\32 Tornado, 1\48 Hawk, 1\72 Dove (Rareplanes), 1\48 Gazelle, 1\96 "Comrod", 1\48 Buccaneer and 1\72 Dakota (now on firedump!) Hope you like them.

DSCF3321.jpg

DSCF3329.jpg

DSCF3330.jpg

DSCF3333.jpg

DSCF3365-1.jpg

DSCF3492.jpg

DSCF3509.jpg

Quite a few more to come! MODeller

• Like 1

:wub: Oooooh Rasperry Ripple stuff.........nice! That Tornado is really good. Did you convert the Airfix Nimrod into a Comet already??? That was quick :D:D:D

Yeah no probs just snapped it off the sprues while my mate drove back from Hannants, tube glued it all together ready for model club meet that evening! MODeller

:clap2::goodjob:

Splendid stuff.

Flew in XZ936 several times whilst with ETPS and used to see 341 every day.

Just managed to talk myself out of doing TPS stuff, now I want to do it again, thanks :tease:. Well, better get a Hawk and neomega upgrade, but would love to do the T5, but I don't have an Airfix F1/3 kit, YET :pray:. Then there's a T2 Jag and then the 1-11, darn it then a T7 hunter. oh, the Lynx, Scout and somehow the Andover. :suicide:

rich

superb finish on all subjects :worthy: got an unfinished buccy that may just be getting a few coats of red,white and blue, where did u get the decals for yours?

I made them up myself, and have done an A4 sheet of MOD Titling in various sizes. Serials are taken from Modeldecal sets, the "Nightbird" on the nose was handpainted on decal sheet, since found out that it was applied both sides Drat! When Speedy returns I will ask him if a download of that A4 sheet is possible so that any interested parties can print thier own, its not 100% as the L has a curl at base but good enough for me. White border to roundels is achieved by cutting circular masks, placing them over the Appliance White before spraying Red/Blue, although some can be obtained from various avaliable decal sheets.More than happy to answer any questions, MODeller

Cool! What kits were the Gazelle, Hawk and Devon?

Hi Paul, the kits used are 1\48 Airfix Hawk, 1\48 Fujimi Gazelle (now obtained Heller kit which is nicer), and 1\72 Rareplanes Devon (vacform) which is one of my favourite completed builds, not comp standards but I always get a buzz when it sees daylight! MODeller.

Excellent stuff - I really like the Devon (Dove) - wish someone would produce a kit in 1:48...

The Tornado is superb.

:giles:

Darius

Could not agree more about the Dove/Devon, Trumpeter, are you reading this? MODeller

Can't wait for Salisbury mate. Ripple colours everywhere

Yes the stash of new builds are coming along nicely. PR9 about to have red applied, Twin Pin just needs anti-glare and wheels etc. Have you seen the "Brit Space shuttle" yet? I have blamed you for that one! MODeller

Wot no Jag? :P

Seriously though they are all super quality builds and the paint schemes look perfect.

Regards,

John.

Wot no Jag? :P

Seriously though they are all super quality builds and the paint schemes look perfect.

Regards,

John.

Many thanks to all for the nice comments, No Jag as yet but there is a 1\48 one in the stash, just sulking because I missed out on the Paragon 2 seater conversion! MODeller