Hurricane MkIIc

dylan the rabbit

Alright then, I'm in.

I'm going to do the Revell 1/72nd Hurricane Mk IIc, 28 (Army Cooperation) Squadron, Injah, 1944.

Strictly OOB, with the exception of replacing the hooter with one from a 1/72nd Hasegawa Hurricane kit.

It's all still in the box at the mo, but I'll crack on with it early next week.

Cheers,

Nick

Strictly OOB, with the exception of replacing the hooter with one from a 1/72nd Hasegawa Hurricane kit.

Welcome to the GB Nick.

When you say the hooter, do you mean the spinner or te whole nose.

Edited by palacefan

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, some progress shots of 1/72nd Revell Hurricane IIc.

I forgot to take any pics of the cockpit before I sealed it up, but we've all built one, so we know they're alright. The only extra thing I did was to add additional belts (cut from medical tape and painted) on the side of the seat.

_D9O2024.jpg

No problems in assembling the fuselage, and all I've done on it so far is cut the antenna down a bit, as I think they make it a little big.

_D9O2012.jpg

The next step is to sand down the seams (and the seams on the P-47 I'm building in parallel) and then they're off to the paint shop.

Cheers,

Nick

Looking good Nick.

Did you have any trouble with the silly little panel on the underside reae of the wings?

I know it is probubly there for a future PR variant or something, but what an unnecessary pain in the bum.

It would be fine if it wasnt for the ribbed fabric.

Yes, it's a right old pain in the bottom, and really difficult to get blended in because of the ribbing.

It was a little noticeable on the first Hurri I built, and will probably be the same on this one.

This time round though, I tried applying a very fine line of glue in the seam to fill it.

I'm thinking now though that white glue might just do the trick, as it's pretty easy to clean up, but ues, a silly design.

I think they did it like this though so they could include the hook for the Sea Hurricane, thus using the same fuselage molds.

How yours coming along?

Cheers,

Nick

I have recently been using the vallejo filler in delicate areas. It is a bit like milliput in a tube, as it doesnt eat the pastic.

It is water based, has a really fine nozzel and sands easily. I dont know if it will shrink over time but it made that seam a little easier.

I got mine from little cars, and would recomend it.

I am going to post some pics of mine today hopefully with the first top colour and the blue underside done.

Nick, that is rather nice work there, especially the cockpit, I cant believe the detail youve done, are you this is 1:72 :worthy:

Bexxxy