Buccaneer airbrake pics?

AnonymousER99

Hi all

Well I am now in need of some good close up pics of the open airbrake on the Buccaneer. I have seen two general shots on Airliners.net and a couple searching google as well as one not so good shot in my Aeroguide. What I need are good high res close in shots of the innards such as the actual opening/closing mechanism and the holes across the faces of the brake. I need to know if these are just holes or if they have some sort of "tube" inside of them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Give us ten Mike I'll have a dig about.

John.

Digging.............

Come on John, you must have a pic somewhere, besides, what happened to you being our Northern Walkaround COrrespondant? :tease: Come on, dig em out :tease:

Bexy

Are these an good Mike, fraid it's all I got.......

blackburnbuccaneers1xn9zp7.jpg

blackburnbuccaneers1xn9zq4.jpg

buccaneersb2xv3501si6.jpg

xx894taillt5.jpg

Regards,

John.

Oi Yankee Mike :tease: does this mean you & Mike V are gonna be doin some Buccy bits? 1:72 hopefully, even better would be some S1 intakes & jet pipes? Hey I just happen to have access to only runable S1 Buccy in the world :worthy:

Bex von :smartass:

Thanks a million for the pics and linkys everyone!! The shot you posted Ed is what the doctor ordered. I see the holes are indeed blanked off so thats a big help.

Yes I am doing up masters for open and closed Bucc airbrakes for the 1/48 Airfix kit. If I had a 1/72 Airfix Brick I would possibly do the same.

The Harrier LERX has met RTV and production is underway as I type this. Now its on to the Bucc stuff

A quick note about Mike V and I....I love the European stuff and Mike V likes the US stuff. Great mix if you ask me :)

Cheerios

Mike

Yes I am doing up masters for open and closed Bucc airbrakes for the 1/48 Airfix kit. If I had a 1/72 Airfix Brick I would possibly do the same.

Cheerios

Mike

Mike, you WILL make parts for 1/72 S1 Brick, You WILL make parts for 1/72 S1 Brick........... keep repeating to yourself until you are brainwashed :evil_laugh:

Bexy

Edited by bexwh773

Thanks a million for the pics and linkys everyone!! The shot you posted Ed is what the doctor ordered. I see the holes are indeed blanked off so thats a big help.

The Harrier LERX has met RTV and production is underway as I type this. Now its on to the Bucc stuff

A quick note about Mike V and I....I love the European stuff and Mike V likes the US stuff. Great mix if you ask me :)

Cheerios

Mike

I just found an old 1/72 matchbox brick in the stash...................

Taken at Bournmouth Aviation Museum, which I heard today has been closed..

Oz yeah its been closed, their airframes are up for disposal, God I wish I won Euro Millions last night :crying:

Bex von WishesSheWasLoaded

Taken at Bournmouth Aviation Museum, which I heard today has been closed..

Yeh, real shame - not only was it a neat little museum with some nice exhibits (though why the Brick was in such an awful paint scheme defeats me!!) but it had one of the best viewing areas left on a UK airfield. :(

Keef

Yeh, real shame - not only was it a neat little museum with some nice exhibits (though why the Brick was in such an awful paint scheme defeats me!!) but it had one of the best viewing areas left on a UK airfield. :(

Keef

Ok Im a volunteer at Gatwick, but I have to be honest, Bournemouth had a great veiwing area for the active airfield and some great exhibits that they allwoed access to.

Bex

I have some photos, taken at Abingdon, of a Buccaneer back-end, minus the clamshells, so that the mechanism is visible, plus the backside of the clamshells, so that their mechanism can be seen. There's an underneath shot, of the whole thing, in there, too. If they'd be any use, let me know, and I'll scan them, and send them over. Frank Brown was planning a Buccaneer as a future Echelon kit, so we took dozens of photos.

Edgar

I have some photos, taken at Abingdon, of a Buccaneer back-end, minus the clamshells, so that the mechanism is visible, plus the backside of the clamshells, so that their mechanism can be seen. There's an underneath shot, of the whole thing, in there, too. If they'd be any use, let me know, and I'll scan them, and send them over. Frank Brown was planning a Buccaneer as a future Echelon kit, so we took dozens of photos.

Edgar

I beat you to it Edgar my pics are the same as yours I'll bet, boy that was some years ago

Hi all

Well I am now in need of some good close up pics of the open airbrake on the Buccaneer. I have seen two general shots on Airliners.net and a couple searching google as well as one not so good shot in my Aeroguide. What I need are good high res close in shots of the innards such as the actual opening/closing mechanism and the holes across the faces of the brake. I need to know if these are just holes or if they have some sort of "tube" inside of them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

not too sure how to post piccys to this site :confused:

send me your e mail and i will post my own piccys of xv361`s airbrakes along with a few other airbrake shots

and any other buccy related pics u need!!! :thumbsup: