Any fans of 'Firefly' out there?

I have the series & the movie in my collection... not got very far into it though, as I found it a bit "wild west in space". I also thought the ship design was a bit pedestrian, and not something that I'd expect to be the lead ship in a series. Maybe I just wasn't trying hard enough to like it? :shrug:

Looks like a nicely made kit though :)

Hi Justin

The kit is produced in the UK (Devon), this is the web site of the manufacturer:-

http://www.planet3earth.co.uk/ Check the 'models for sale' section.

It pays to shop around, I bought it direct and the cost was £55.00 (including P&P). The kit is also listed on the sites of a couple of well known mail-order suppliers, however the prices are £70 & £75 (P&P not included).

Mike give another go! :winkgrin: The ship is crewed by a bunch of smuggler/outlaw types and it's regarded by many as a pile of crap!

The show has a nice line in humour, I found the film even better than the TV series.

Love the series - pride of place in my Doovde collection :)

Looks like a fun little project - I can imagine you can go a bit wild with the weathering on this one !

I Love the series (currently re-watching it again, now I've got me big plasma). A real shame they cut it short.

Mike, I thought the same as you did........cowboys in space, but give it a proper go. The acting, characters and dialogue are what make it special.

Although it only lived a short life, it's got some of the best, most quotable lines of any T.V series out there.

This is Ians Stargazer kit, isn't it?.

I must admit, when I saw pics of it on SSM, I thought the detail looked a bit soft, but it actually looks pretty nice in your shots.

Shiny.........might have to get this one afterall. :hmmm:

Are you going with the series or movie look?

I'll be following with interest.

"I'll be in my bunk!". ;)

First time I watched Firefly I gave up 2 episodes in, wild west in space exactly my thoughts... then the missus, for some reason, wanted to go see Serenity. We did, enjoyed it, got the series on DVD and rewatched it - totally hooked this time. Absolutely brilliant, and a real shame it got cancelled - presumably due to people like me not giving it a fair go first time round - d'oh!

I saw a review of this kit a while back, the price was $58 then - for a UK-made kit how does $58 become £55??

I Love the series (currently re-watching it again, now I've got me big plasma). A real shame they cut it short.

Mike, I thought the same as you did........cowboys in space, but give it a proper go. The acting, characters and dialogue are what make it special.

Although it only lived a short life, it's got some of the best, most quotable lines of any T.V series out there.

This is Ians Stargazer kit, isn't it?.

I must admit, when I saw pics of it on SSM, I thought the detail looked a bit soft, but it actually looks pretty nice in your shots.

Shiny.........might have to get this one afterall. :hmmm:

Are you going with the series or movie look?

I'll be following with interest.

"I'll be in my bunk!". ;)

Hi Paul

Yes this is Ian's kit. I must admit that I was surprised by the level of detail too.

I haven't yet decided upon which version to do, I'm still getting the reference pictures together at the moment. :hmmm:

"I'll be in my bunk!" :lol: That was a good episode!

I saw a review of this kit a while back, the price was $58 then - for a UK-made kit how does $58 become £55??

I don't know Damien. Maybe $58 was a mistake, £29 would seem cheap for this kit (not a bad thing mind). I see that the Starship Modeler store is now listing the kit for $85.

There's approx 35-40 resin parts and it's a pretty good size, about 8" or 9" overall.

• 4 months later...

Looking forward to seeing how this one goes, have always been a fan of the show.

Heard rumours earlier in the year that Mr Wheadon was thinking about doing a second film.....................that would be sweet!