Airfix 1/48 Lightning F3

Good save Ian, modelling is all about coming up against problems and overcoming them, and you've clearly overcome this one.

the decals look excellent as well mate.

I cannot believe that it has taken me so long to come to this thread.... Anyhoos, after reading ALL the posts here, all I can do is echo the sentiments of the other guys around here and say, fantastic work so far, great save on the cable ducting and cannot wait to see more prog shots.

(the other) Ian

• 3 weeks later...

Well, she's finished at last!!! :yahoo:

After a little hiatus caused by me waiting 2 weeks for the Alclad on the undercarriage bits to dry .....they didn't :angry: , so they were stripped and resprayed.

As usual, the "fiddly bits" took days and tried my patience. Anyhoo, on with the pics :-

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00359.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

DSC00354.jpg

DSC00342.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

Many thanks to those of you who assisted with my Alclad woes, your comments and advice were greatly appreciated.

As ever all comments and criticism are most welcome.

Time for a few beers before starting on a Vulcan for the GB.

Cheers,

Ian

Edited by Notdoneyet

Gorgeous! But whats the deal with the matt grey panels on the upper wings?

Nev,

It's a trick of the light caused by the lack of "shinyness" of the Aluminium in comparison to the other shades I used. The upper wing skins (and lower for that matter) are sprayed Alclad Aluminium, with the outer wing skin panel (mainly hidden beneath the roundal) being Alclad White Aluminium. The leading edge is finished in Polished Aluminium and the ailerons and flaps are Airframe Aluminium.

Cheers,

Ian

Thats one hell of a nice finish you obtained there. The photography isn't to be sniffed at either. Very moody.

Nige.

Thanks for all the comments guys, they are much appreciated.

Nigel : The photography (like the modelling) is all down to luck with some help from the modelling/photgraphy gods - the sun shines through a tree just outside the family room rear windows. I was fortunate to catch the light at the right time.

Cheers,

Ian

• 4 years later...