Bare bones

GimmeAnF

wow, very cool. id love to put my airframe repair skills to use and get involved on a project like that

:evil_laugh: Paul, come and live nearer Gatwick, I know some ground runners that need alot of TLC

Bexy

Now that I like, is that a complete return to flight restoration?

Bex

From what they say, I guess this association is dedicated to preserving aircraft but not in flying condition:

http://caea.free.fr/en/conserv.html

"Our goal is to gather, maintain, restore and display anything related to flying."

In any case it would seem the Invader still belongs to the Armée de l'Air and was a gate guardian.

You can see more pictures here:

http://caea.free.fr/en/coll/b26.html

and if you're interested in other aircraft in the collection:

http://caea.free.fr/en/collec.html

:evil_laugh: Paul, come and live nearer Gatwick, I know some ground runners that need alot of TLC

Bexy

if i ever get posted up your way Bex, i will be sure to give you a shout. ive volunteered for the BBMF but im no doubt far more valuable on a crappy helicopter squadron in Iraq or somewhere......

you're involved with Canberras arn't you Bex? my final repair exam in trade training was a B2 tailplane repair. i had to research the structure, design a repair scheme a make and fit a repair patch to suit

Edited by paul_c

if i ever get posted up your way Bex, i will be sure to give you a shout. ive volunteered for the BBMF but im no doubt far more valuable on a crappy helicopter squadron in Iraq or somewhere......

you're involved with Canberras arn't you Bex? my final repair exam in trade training was a B2 tailplane repair. i had to research the structure, design a repair scheme a make and fit a repair patch to suit

Yup Im IC Gatwicks Cranberry Team, all one member :lol: I could use all the help I can hint hint :wicked: Drop me a PM if u want more details of what we do etc dont wanna shot for thread jacking :whistle:

GimmeAnF........... WOW shame she wont fly, but thats a helluva restoration job :worthy:

Bexy

Hello,

No, it won't fly again, altough the restoration is toroughfull.

This plane was an headquarter hack, and was roting on the tarmac/reserve of the museum since a good 20 years.

It is rumored to have hosted the various Generals, colonels and other top brass small escapades with war ministry secretaries ...

The same association has been restoring a Vautour bomber, to the same mint condition.

I need to dig in the archives DVD but I can make you a quick gallery with what's in decay on the tarmac, the A-26 before restoration and the Vautour restored. Will do tomorrow, time permiting.

Cheers