Original Airfix Jaguar

John

I was at the local toy train fancier's monthly swapmeet with the boy this afternoon, and came across this!

PICT0002-12.jpg

I've never seen inside one of these before and, although the origins of the later Jaguar GR1 kit are clear, this one is quite different.

PICT0003-11.jpg

Apart from the differences to the fuselage, there is a completely different weapons fit, including bombs, SNEB packs, AIM-9s, what look like AS30s (shades of the Matchbox kit) and one of these funky French rocket pod come fuel tank thingies.

All in all very interesting.

John

Graeme High School, Callendar Road, Falkirk, 1st Sunday of each month, 1pm-4pm. Well worth a visit. It's organised by MacLaren Models.

Mine got the Hornby Industrial Freight - I could spend the rest of this year building wagon kits!

John

• 2 months later...

Alas I'm going to have to admit I won't be meeting the deadline. 4 weeks of constant tinitus have played havoc with my concentration (and sleep!) and I haven't been able to do much modelling.

I'm just back from the GP who has prescribed stronger antibiotics to try to clear the infection and has referred me to the local ENT clinic. He's also ordered me off work to rest.

I'l post the Jaguar info on the Cold War forum. It's pretty much complete but I still need to take more photos.

John