Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'weathered'.
Found 4 results
Hi everybody Here´s another Mig-29 and the ambition from my part was to depict a rather weathered individual. For that part I used the Gunze range of colours, H305, 308, 320 and 325 and I added matt white and flesh (H44) to different degrees for the post shading process. I also experimented using oil on some panels to fade them even more. The exhaust were painted with Alclads "Exhaust", "Pale Burnt Metal" and "Transparent Blue". I also used Model Masters "Exhaust" for the inner parts of the exhaust. Apart from that an artist silver pencil from Derwent was applied here and there, to simulate chipped paint. The leaks are all from AK´s Streaking Grime, which in my opinon works very well on flat surfaces. The "office chair" is from True Details and the Pilot climbing on Eduards ladder is from Aerobonus. I used some "artistic license" on this project, for instance the pilots dress should in reality be blue, but that made him look to much of a smurf in my eyes. I Also used the decals from Begemot sheet 48-012, under the devise, "if it looks cool it´s right". Finally for the construction of the base plate a I used a single sheet of Plasticard which I scribed and glued some grass randomly. Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy the pics Cheers Göran
Hi all. My latest aircraft build is the Trumpeter 1/48 MiG-21UM trainer. I always liked the twoseater more than the single-seater. Trumpeter's kit looks very nice and builds without any major problems. If you want to put the canopies in open position you have to make some provisions yourself. I wanted a weathered, well used look on this model. Besides airbrushing faded colors, I used a wash and oil paints to give it a more beaten up appearance. The colors are Gunze Aqueous over an Alclad Black primer. Kit decals were used for this build. Thanks for watching. René.
Hi all. I just finished Tamiya's wonderful 1/48 P-47D. It took me less than a week to build from start to finish. Such an easy kit to build with fantastic fit and engineering. I wanted this plane to look very well used with chipped invasion stripes on wings and fuselage. I painted first it in Alclad polished aluminium and several other metal colors over black primer, masked the parts for painting, put a bit of water with a brush on the places the paint needed to be chipped and sprinkled salt on those spots. After painting the salt was wiped off and presto, chipped paint effect. The decals on the cowling went on very well with a bit of decal setting. Very fun kit to build. Thanks for watching. René.
Morning all, I picked this kit up as a break from the Revell A400M that i've got on the bench. For the first time I am relatively pleased with this attempt, having built two SHARs, one GR3 and one GR9 over the course of the last 2 years. It is also the first time where I am content with the level of post-shading (although I did have to clean up the upper wing surface when i forgot to dilute the wash that I use for the postshading and my airbrush started spraying out this fountain of black- reducing the effectiveness of the finish somewhat! ) Kit: Airfix 1:72 BAe Harrier GR7A/GR9A (from LMS -Mike's Models) Paints: Vallejo Black, Light grey, Medium sea grey, White, Medium olive Alclad II Aluminium -And a variety of mixed Vallejo paints for smaller details Other: Alclad II Aqua gloss Vallejo "Model Wash" Dark grey -for panel lines and post-shading Thanks for looking Kind regards, Sam