Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'tie interceptor'.
Found 4 results
Evening all, Long time no speak! Here's my first completion in almost a year after something of a hiatus last year. It's another beauty from Bandai, their lovely TIE Interceptor, arguably the coolest looking ship of them all. I mixed up a concoction of blues and greys to achieve the blue/grey of the ships from Episode VI, although I'm not entirely sure I've got it quite right.... As usual I've cut and engraved my own base from acrylic to finish the model off. Bandai 1/72 TIE Interceptor by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr Bandai 1/72 TIE Fighter by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr Bandai 1/72 TIE Fighter by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr Thanks for looking, comments welcomed, Shaun
TIE Interceptor Finemolds 1/72 Hi everyone This was built in Febuary 2014. It was the first Finemolds SW kit I'd built and it was very nice, though a little undersized for 1/72. The base was made from various bits and bobs built up on the supplied kit base. I added a few LEDS to the base to add a bit of interest. Enjoy the shots Thanks for looking Andy
I thought it was high time I showed off our star wars models that we've built. All of them are fine molds kits. The millennium falcon was made by my husband, David and lives in our living room coffee table. The X-wing is my favorite model in our cabinet also made by David. The insides of the x's have added scratch built detail. The y-wing is made by myself (you can tell, at the time I was only just getting into the whole weathering thing by hand whilst he had just had a skills breakthrough with the whole airbrush weathering thing!). The Tie Interceptor was also made by David as a commission for my sister's boyfriend (now ex, so we may never see that model again ), it has a few modifications not part of the original kit. Pictures to follow....
As with my previous Star Wars easy kit, I put it together and immediately decided to take it apart and repaint it. Hunting around online for reference photos for the correct colour (the kit was too blue) I found a picture of an Interceptor with red stripes. After a bit of digging around I found that it was the markings for the 181st Imperial Fighter Group, so that's what I decided to do. I repainted the interior, detailed and weathered it plus I painted the pilot in the 181st uniform colours. The exterior was primed and then a few light coats of white followed by gloss red for the stripes. The lines were then masked and I put down a couple of coats of black for the panels. Once the panels were masked the whole model was sprayed with a grey/blue mix. Individual panels/bits were picked out using various colours (mostly greys) followed a couple of coats of Humbrol Clear and then a simple oil wash. Once the excess was removed I sealed it with Tamiya satin varnish. Painted in Revell acrylics apart from the Humbrol Clear and Tamiya satin varnish.