As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'su-2'.
Found 5 results
Moving this over from WIP to inspection time. There are more thoughts in the WIP on the kit. All in all - I really enjoyed it, until getting to the transparent parts - which I was not a great fan of. The scheme was marginally informed by archive photos, albeit with more of the winter camo remaining than I have seen anywhere. But I like the hairspray method, so went of piste a bit. Painting was rattle cans and brush work. Weathering (under the white) was oil-dot wash, and very thinned oil pin wash on top of white. Wing markings were painted on, and tail markings are leftovers from an old kit. Thanks for looking.
I am going to attempt something a little more exotic than my first WIP build. And back to my preferred scale. This kit caught my eye after I saw a very impressive build of it on this very site, here. Though I doubt I will be doing as good a job as that, I will give it a crack, and it's nice to have something to aim for. I plan to finish mine with some worn away winter camo over-paint. There don't seem to be a lot of photos of the SU-2 with this scheme in action, but a quick google threw up a few examples, albeit very small and pixel-y ones: I had a look in Osprey's Russian Aircraft 1875-1995, and though there are some nice photos of the SU-2, they are in what looks like one-colour schemes: In what might seem a rather perverse move I finally took on an enormous He111 that's been hiding under my table for a year now as a practice run for the winter camo on the comparatively small SU-2. I had never tried the hairspray technique before, and was rather daunted by the idea of it. Turns out that, as promised, it's remarkably easy - and very rewarding. My only problem was that it was so satisfying seeing the white coat chip away that I had to really force myself not to rub all of it off. Anyway - He111 is below. And with the hairspray technique demystified I will now plod on with the SU-2.
Hey guys! First post, I'm a relatively new member, although I have watched from the sidelines for some time. This was the first build I decided to document the process of, figured what better way than to just take videos of it. I'll be publishing the videos probably on Youtube. (If you're interested in seeing this particular full build video at some point, you'll be able to find it on MURRODELS (once I finish editing it), so be sure to sub if you don't want to miss it!) But I'll also be uploading them here. So back to the SU-2, its a great kit, falls together, except for the turret perspex. The cockpit is really quite visible through the canopy so if I was to do it again I would use a PE fret in there, also would consider an amended engine cowl which is missing ribbing, and a wheel well that has entirely too much ribbing! All in all, a good bit of fun! Cheers!
Hey guys, I just uploaded (more of a re-upload as I had attempted to upload through the night but this morning I unknowingly clicked on Youtube's own option to stabilise the footage, I've had my camera in a tripod and obviously just moving the model. It had interpreted this as a shaky camera for some reason and tried to account for it by moving the camera with the plane that was also moving against the background. I was going to just leave it but after a couple minutes it made my head spin so thought best to re-do it) my finished videos of an Su-2 I built (started about 7 months then only came back to and finished recently, when I was rookie at airbrushing, and also recording things) I published some pictures on here a while ago showing the finished model. I am reasonably happy with how it came out, here's the rest of the build! Your thoughts? Cheers!
Hi everyone! I want to present you several new models of soviet aircraft. First will be the new "Zvezda" kit - Su-2 bomber. It`s a nice kit, but it needs some work on the mistakes. Also i use Vector resin conversion sets and make M-88B modification and wheels from ZIP. I do not dwell on assembly process, but you can see it on some photos. Some parts in cockpit and wheel bays were added and modified. I made the lower turret, scribed some new panel lines and so on. As a prototype I chose an airplane from the 288 bomd sqadron, which was depicted on the newsreels in winter of 1941-1942. That plane had very interesting paintscheme with traces of removed winter paint. I used hair-spray technique to make it on the model. Ivan