Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'red arrow'.
Found 3 results
On my recent trip to Milton Keynes model show, I picked up Revell's 1:72 BAe Hawk T.Mk1 for the bargain price of £3. My mum is a Red Arrows fan, and helped fuel my aircraft fascination as a child by taking us to airshows, so I thought I'd build the kit for her. So here goes....... It's a pretty minimal looking kit, comprising of 2 red sprues, one clear and a small decal sheet. Detailing is at a minimum, but with any luck I can bring it to life and do it justice. This will be an out of the box build, although I have a crazy idea of attempting building a stand for it, which implies a blue smoke trail........time will tell.
Hi all, The Seafire is coming to a close, so this is what's up next. Ok, I was expecting to do a Revell Lanc (Dambuster) and an Airfix 727 next, but as my other half got me the Red Arrow's boxing of the Gnat for Christmas, which was very special considering she can't stand model aircraft, I thought I'd get that up the build list along with the original boxing from the stash. Plan is to make them side-by-side, Tamiya gloss red for the red arrow, and Citadel silver for the high speed silver version. I'm guessing the Red Arrow's version wouldn't have an ejector seat in the back? I'm going to put it in anyway rather than have an empty space ! They'll be OOB with the exception of seatbelts which will either by milliput or Tamiya tape. And this is where we are up to, no dramas so far....: More to follow. Val
Not much of a WIP as I've not taken many pics of it's build! But this is actually my 2nd attempt at this kit, the first one I attempted 4/5 years ago is locked up in a draw where I'm too ashamed to look at it ha, it's bad, real bad. So as I've been improving the skills lately I decided to snap this kit up again, it's still cheap and you get so much plastic for your money. And in truth, it's a great build too which has gone together easily for me! One of the reasons I wanted to get it though was to improve on my finishing and spraying of models, and although I'm still using cans to do it, I'm so happy about how it's turning out! I've used Eduard's PE for the cockpit but not all of it (just not skilled enough, and made a slight cock up with it too, bonus points to anyone who spots it) but the rest is out of the box. Some pics to show where it's at right now... Still a long way to go, and I'm gonna double-decal it to get them to stand out more. Cockpit canopy is going to be repainted too as it's not glued in yet thankfully, but this is a great kit and a recommend it big time for anyone who wants something to stand out