As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'm38a1'.
Found 1 result
Hello Everyone, It's been a while since I have posted, but today I would like to share with you all my latest project. My driving force behind this project is a Christmas present for my Father. My father owns a real M38A1 jeep and I wanted to present him with a Scale model of the real thing as he is unable to build kits himself due to lack of time and failing eyesight. Anyway without further delay, here is what I will be building: So I started plodding away with the build, it's very tricky due to the size of parts, but I was very impressed with the snug fit of everything and the level of detail to the kit itself. There is very little to say about the build itself as I am building it straight out of the box with no extras added to the jeep unless I add a few Scratch Built items to give it some more interest down the line. The kit took me around 5 hours to assemble and then it was time to start the painting. Just for a little comparison, this is the jeep against the Tamiya Panther 1/35 scale: Painting: Again at the moment, I have not done any dirt washes or added any mud. The only thing I have done is a bit of work in the engine bay, with some oil splats and fuel spills to make it look like it's been through it all. I will be adding further wethering once I have the diorama setup, I have a lot of work to do and a short time to do it in. So now it was onto my first ever diorama build, I had no real idea where to start but after visiting my local hobby shop and HobbyCraft ... I found some products to get me heading in the right direction. For the sandbags I made them using the Milliput, it was easy to work and I think they came out rather good! At this stage, I decided I wanted to setup some kind of Field Station for refueling and supplies ... however looking around at the tents available in 1/35th scale ... I was far from impressed and decided to try to make my own, this is still very much a WIP but I feel like it has the potential to look good once finished. The tent is formed from cardboard then I have set about with some trusty PVA and Kitchen Roll. I am not worried about everything been perfectly in scale, it's just a little fun and a learning curve for more serious dioramas I have planned. Next was onto painting the now dry modelling clay with some kind of base colour, after a few coats I would then apply spray glue and start adding the pigments that create the field look: This is as far as I got last night, I am waiting on the delivery of a few ferns and still have some bushes and twigs to add but the spray glue was taking a long time to set. Hopefully, I will have more to share with you all later this evening. I do hope you like it and I would love to hear feedback from you all. Chris