Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'early jet'.
Found 3 results
Lejgo_inc posted a topic in Ready for Inspection - AircraftIt has been in the works long enough. Resin, vacu canopy and decals from Miniwing. Cannon fairings courtesy of Master. Brass by Shelf Oddity, which means it is the test article for the brass parts - an awkward way to promote our product and equally awkward way to excuse imperfections. First two photos with my trusty companion, who did the part chopping: and lent a helping brush: Now, the Attacker himself: "We there yet?" For anyone still awake - few WIP photos, focusing on metal bits, because resin parts came together without any fuss: The one showing dorsal bleed doors and boundary layer vents: The one showing boundary layer ramp inside intake (that no one will ever notice): The one showing ventral boundary layer vents along gear struts locks in u/c bays. And the one showing tremendous effort on my part - making a cut through the middle of the tail wheel to make it a twin tail wheel.
On a rare occasion I do finish a model. This time it came out like that: (some last adjustments:) and here we go: Ok, enough. Off to the scrapyard Full story can be found here http://www.kampfgruppe144.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3271. Short story: Panel lines (Matchbox-style) were removed, some brass bits from upcoming Shelf Oddity set added. And then there was miserable process of filling and sanding and filling and sanding and filling and sanding and filling and sanding and... which seemed to have no end. But finally I got to dust off my airbrush. Metal parts are AK Xtreme Metal (easy and foolproof). Kit decals turned out to be excellent (save for NACA tail band), panel lines were reinstated using pencil and shaky hand and this is it.
My next entry for the group build is the 1/72 Yak-15 from Amodel, bought at the list price from Hannants (6.50 pounds): The instructions (not shown) proudly proclaim it to be the first Soviet aircraft with a turbojet. On to the sprues and decals: This will be the third Amodel kit I've built, and hopefully the third I finish. This is a warm-up for the Yak-28PP I have in the stash, and I also want to build a Yak-1 (Amodel) to examine the family resemblance. There are two schemes: one overall red, and one green-over-blue, which is the scheme I plan to do. As the photos show (or not!), there's a fair amount of cleaning, sanding and what I call therapeutic fettling to be done. My Scandinavian Spitfires will have to wait...