Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'early flight...'.
Found 1 result
OK...to explain...I didn't read the fine print on the instructions when I thought, "I yeah...I'll do the Swedish one..." The Swedish aircraft was not the Morane 'WR'...it was the MS 3G Thulin B. I discovered this when I went to modify the wings for the WR (sawed off sections of the ribs) as instructed and then later that day noticed that the Thulin did not have the shorter wingspan. Luckily I didn't pitch out the removed sections so they have now been glued back on. Phew! I have also found some excellent photos of the real thing from a museum so I might try to replicate that...I'll post a photo or two in the chat thread. But for now... I removed the resin floats from their sprue and cleaned them up. Same with the prop, etc... Construction is basic. I have built this kit before when it was a Pflaz (Az Models also) back then...the moulds are pretty much the same. Basic Gnome-shaped motor, cockpit essentials...I may try to improve them a bit since you can see inside pretty well. I tried my hand at some rib detail...not so bad, not the best. I primed it with Humbrol Desert Sand rattle can and then airbrushed MrKit French Doped Linen on top. And as I write this I am suddenly aware that I have cleaned and painted the wrong motor! So it begins...with a sense of humour and some humility...as it should. --JDCM