Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Storm Troopers'.
Found 1 result
Hi all, I've been away from the forum for a while(18 months I think) and I haven't really started a model in that time either, family stuff,work etc... But over the summer I talked the wifey into letting me get a shed as a work shop in the garden. And I'm really getting the bug again. It's so much easier not having to get all of my materials out of the kitchen cupboard. Here's the shed for anyone who is interested: So first off was something I have wanted to do since I saw the Rogue one promo shots. I think this image is amazing and shows off the iconic storm troopers perfectly: I think it's the colours that work for me. So I just wanted to try my hand at a diorama and hope it looks something like this. I am quite a way through this and haven't taken too many photos as I've gone on but as I got to thinking about using resin I turned to the site for advice and got some great ideas, it was this that made me realise how great Britmodeller really is and I haven't been off it for the past two weeks. I thought it was best to document the build up to now and going forward. I haven't really done a WIP before so be nice and bear with! So, I started off with two Bandai Troopers, built out of the box. I airbrushed the black parts using a mix of Vallejo light grey and NATO black, just to dull it down a bit and not make it look so shiny. Everything has been said about these kits already, awesome detail and easy to put together. I haven't yet decided on weathering or which blasters they will be holding. On the pic they have E-11's but there is a nice Dlt-19 that comes in the kit so might swap this out nearer the end. I really dont mind if it isnt accurate, im building this so it probably wont be If I do weather the troopers it will be minimal. It was good to find I could get a good pose as the articulation is good on the kits. Next was the base. I cut a 15x15cm square of MDF. Which was big enough for the two figures. Its a bit bigger in the pic, i changed my mind and made it square before i cut it out. This shows the thickness though of the board used. Next was the tree trunks/twigs sticking out of the water. I intended to go out searching for the right twigs to use but as it happened my wife had done some gardening and left a root off something on the path which when cut down was perfect. I drilled holes in the MDF and sprayed them light grey and a darker grey towards the bottom where the water line will be. Happy with it so far so onto the gravel and Sandy base. The stones were just pea gravel from the garden and the sand was filler from wilko's which was smoothed and then I used a wooden stirer to pull it up into ripples as it dried. I then sprinkled silver sand on. I wanted the sand to look whiterthan it did like on a tropical beach which Scarrif was, so I painted it with Vallejo white and interior yellow which did the trick. The gravel was hand painted with all sorts of colours to get the right effect, basically making it look the same as when I started The small kit base which holds the feet were incorporated into the base to hold the troopers steady and I also found a snail shell from my aquarium which I painted red to add a bit of detail under the sea. So that's where I am at right now. I have some water clear resin on order which is something I have never used before. So this could all go great and look just how I imagined or I could screw the Resin step up completely and two models will be forever trapped in a badly made diorama . Thanks for looking, will keep updating and will show the rest of the steps as I do them. Cheers! Chris.