As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Revell/Monogram'.
Found 5 results
Picked this little gem up at Hobby Lobby for almost nothing after coupon. I thought it would be a good Mojo restorer, and easy week build. I probably should've read some reviews first. I'm going to build it straight from the box - no matter what, dagummit! Anyway, on to the model; Cockpit done - OK maybe after using the cockpit decals, I'll add aftermarket. Also, WOW some of these look bad blown up 400% IP Started with the intakes. They fit together pretty well, and had minimal sink marks on the intakes. BUT, they have some substantial gaps when adding them to the airframe. I tried a couple different variations, but the winner seemed to be completing the intakes as subassemblies, then "worming" them into the airframe at the same time. When you pull out the pressure clamps, it's time for a re-evaluation of your model build choices. I was worried about the gaps between the intakes and the fuselage, so I epoxy puttied the inside and let cure. Then used perfect putty on the outside and cleaned with water. I also glued in the guides for the rear horizontal Stabs. The idea of them being adjustable is cool, but at some point during the build, glue or paint or acrylic sealer will leak in and set them in place. Better I decide on their position now. Before After - again with the mini woodworking clamps After a couple test-fits, I'm going to start mating the fuselage from the back. Fits like a glove To be fair, it mates well, just a bit of overlap from top to bottom - on both sides, but port side is better. Skipped the wings and went to the forward fuselage, For a couple reasons. 1. port wing seems to be much lower than starboard and I'll try to fix after fuselage is straight. 2.I was worried manipulating the kit and gluing the wings, world further warp how the wings fit and their angle. Time for some molding and casting while the weather is Cooperative. To be continued...
I had in my stash a Revell/Monogram Me410B but then along came Meng's Me410s of which I acquired two, so R/M kit was pushed to back of stash! However whilst trawling the net I came across, on the FSM site, a question about converting R/M's 410 into a 210, I followed this and came across an article in, the now defunct Quarter Scale Magazine, by Ian Day with this conversion in. I managed to print off a very poor copy of this article retrieved my R/M Me410 from the stash and set about adding the Me210A-1 to my Luftwaffe collection. It looked a relatively simple conversion shorten fuselage alter outer wing incidence and shorten engine cowlings REALLY!!!!!! To begin with I had intended to convert the R/M kit to a Me410B-2/U4 with the Bordkanone to this end I had acquired the Schatton model conversion set with resin fairing and metal BK5 cannon (long before Master came along!!) to which end for some reason now long forgotten I had removed the rear of the nose fairing supplied with the kit which I needed to model a 210!! I then discovered the canopy windscreen was broken and I only had windscreens for the 410 with bulges for the later models so had to repair the broken one as best as I could!! Anyway to cut a long story short after much cutting,filling with Milliput and DeLuxe plastic putty, plastic card and an awful lot of cursing, my probably, not terribly accurate 1/48 210 emerged! I should add I used the Aires resin cockpit and Eduard mask for the canopy. The canopy unfortunately did not come out too well being a bitch to stick together and didn't get the usual coat of Kleer! The aircraft is a Me210A-1 of 3./SKG210 possibly 1942. I had difficulty finding decals for the codes which are probably too large and also ended up painting the yellow band too wide . The following photos show the modifications and amount of filler required. I have also added photos showing the different dimensions between the Me410 ( the Meng kit) and the Me210. The model was finished using AK Real Colours and washes, decals from my library and that's it . Oh well back to some easy builds where did I put those Eduard 109/190s ??????????/ Cheers Andy
Hi Folk's,last build for this GB will be Grumman's Intruder in1/48 scale,it's Monogram's kit re-boxed. After the Panther I really wanted to do another of their kit's and I/ve never built this kit or even an Intruder for that matter,a couple of on-line review's show a well liked kit by those that have built it this box art is from the kit ordered(at a very reasonable £19:99) and there's a nice hi-viz gull gray over white decal option,apparently it's a fair size too!
I'm going to have stop building these lovely old kits as I'm running out of storage space so this the last for a while. it is the old Revell/Monogram kit from the early 1990s. Pretty much strait out of the box with just some vents cleared out and a bit of extra work in the cockpit. The only addition was a Master nose probe. I used the lovely Caracal decals for a 49th FIS machine based at Griffiss AFB in the 1970s. As always thanks for looking
Another fifties aircraft, I seem to have built a few of these lately. This one is the Revell/Monogram boxing of the F-84E, which as far as I know has never been issued in Europe by Revell. It is a really nice kit and I think a better fit than the Tamiya equivilent. I got the kit second hand and the decal were shot so I used an old Aeromaster Sheet to do an aircraft of the 22nd FBS, 36th FBW based at Bitburg in 1951. The machine sadly crashed and the pilot lost his life in 1952. FS-229 was transfered to the Skyblazers aerobatic team later in 1951 then released and reissued to the 36th FBW. Aeromaster also do a sheet with the scheme she wore on her return before the fatal crash. Thanks for looking.