Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Reinspection'.
I built the small Finemolds Falcon soon after it came out, and it's been in my cabinet ever since gathering dust. You can see its initial appearance in RFI here. When Madmonk Warren started his lighting business he sent me a kit to review, as I'd always wanted to give lighting a try. This was a while ago now, as you can see from the review here. It took me a little while to get a clear resin & PE engine exhaust section from Sci-Fi Modeler (sic), and then it sat there, looking at me for ages. About a year, actually I decided to clear it off my desk & give it a go, so I retrieved the Falcon from my cabinet, split the hull and Dremelled out the old blanked off exhaust area. Then I followed the instructions and took a few other bits out to accommodate the wiring loom, as well as soldering in a coin-cell holder and a micro-switch to make it all self-contained for those "flying round the room" moments I also built a light compartment in the back of the hull to stop the light from the engines leaking everywhere, which was surprisingly easy to do, and any gaps were filled with my custom black epoxy that has black pigment added during mixing (makes a messy job even messier, but it does block light very well). The wires were hot-glued in place, and once complete it was just a case of fettling the join between upper and lower hull halves to get a decent fit. I removed or knocked off most of the landing gear and one of the guns, which are now pinned back in place with 0.8mm brass, but I managed to break off the gun again during photography, so I've got to do that again. Drilling the holes for the fibre guides was hit & miss, and some of them are blocked by the seats, which are now conspicuous in having no-one in 'em! Anyway - here are a few pics of the re-finished model Hope you like it, and thanks to Warren for his advice, the set to play with & taking the time to make this handy little set. I'm now addicted to lighting kits