Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'RB Models'.
Found 5 results
I decided that two shelf queens finished was enough for now, so therefore it was time to move onto something new. As the book on Israeli Improvised Armoured Cars arrived this week, and I wanted something to build while the paint dried on the Centaur, the decision was made for me as to what I would tackle next. This project has been on my to do list for a long time, ever since I saw the plans for one in an old Tankette magazine. Lack of decent photos was what had put me off of starting, but now there was no excuse. It wasn't until I got hold of the book that I realised just how resourceful the Israelis were in the immediate years following WW2. There were four or five armoured cars based on the M3A1 Scout Car and several more, based on anything with wheels. The drawings that were in the Tankette magazine and the one illustrated below, are of the Type 1. This took a lot more work than the later types 3 and 4, and the same is true for modelling them. So therefore I took the decision to attempt the Type 4 a/c. I bought an Italeri M3A1 White Scout Car some years ago just for this project. It's not of the quality of the later Hobbyboss version, but seeing as how half of it won't be used, it's of no consequence. I also have the Eduard set for this kit, but again, it's not a lot of use as most of it is for the interior, of which, not a lot will be seen. There are some purchases that I need to make as these items are not in the kit, namely a pair of German MG34 machine guns, a set of British pattern sand channels, and a set of replacement wheels. I believe the ones that I want are made by Panzerart and are meant for the M3 Half Track. The MG34's will be sourced from RB Models. The rest of it will be scratched from plasticard. John.
This is a Cromwell Mk.Vllw, a welded Cromwell, converted from the Tamiya kit, using parts from Accurate Armour, SKP, RB Models and a bit of scratch building. A WIP can be found here. The base was made from balsa wood and filled with off cuts of laminate flooring underlay, a fibre board type of material. It was then painted black and fixed to a photo frame. The terrain was made with a hump in the middle so that it would display the displaced road wheels and tracks, and then covered with flock and clumps of grass. It could probably do with toning down a bit as it appears (to me) to be a little on the bright side. The big boots in the title refers to the fact that these tanks had 15.5 inch tracks as opposed to the 14 inch normally worn by Cromwells. I need to do a little bit of work on the mound, to bulk it up a bit. Anyway, I hope that you like it and thanks for looking. John.
Finally got to post a model that isn't an old one from my collection. This is the first one that I've finished in about a year, and it's the Israeli M1 Super Sherman. Since completing it, I've taken Etienne's advice and revisited some of the weathering, in particular, the suspension. I've also added the headlights and a couple of crew figures. The commander is from the Tamiya M51 and the other crew member is from the Tamiya M1 Sherman with a Hornet Head replacement. The WIP can be found here; https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235032194-idf-m1-super-sherman-hvss/&page=1 Thanks for the suggestions you've given and thanks for looking. I can now move on to some of the shelf queens and the Challenger. John.
Along with the original VVSS M1 Shermans, the Israelis also received a lot of HVSS Shermans, mainly from the French, which when they put them into service were dubbed “Super Sherman”. About year ago, I built an M1 using the Tamiya kit. This time, I am going to use the Tamiya M51 and substitute some of the parts with parts from the M1 kit such as the turret and engine deck. I'll also be using an AM main gun from RB Models along with their 12.7mm M2 Browning. The only set of decals that I know of for this tank are those made by Star decals, and I'm waiting on a set being delivered at the moment. Hopefully, this build will be more successful than my M60 build. So this is the tank, although, not exactly the same. Different markings and different track guard supports. Tamiya M1 Sherman. Tamiya M51. RB Models 76mm main gun and 12.7mm M2 Browning. As I said, the decals should (hopefully) be on their way from Sweden. I'll put some photos up later of where I am at now. John.
justaspitcrazy! posted a topic in Work in Progress - ArmourHi Folks. It's been a while since I did a WIP post and a little while since I got stuck into a well detailed project, so, with the trigger finger itching so to speak I've delved into German armour in the form of Tamiya's excellent Panther G-early. As is always the case when one suffers from that most terrible of afflictions, the dreaded AMS, I have plumped for several aftermarket items to help pop the kit out into something a touch more special. Items can be seen in the photo below and they are: RB models turned aluminium main barrel. RB models aerial mast and base. Attak resin zimm. Eureka models tow cables. eduard exterior detailing and Schurzen. Bronco working tracks. I've got the absolutely incredible Culver & Feists Panther in detail book as reference and I really cant stress how good this book is. There are no plans on a dio for her at the mo I'm just going to see how the project rolls along, same goes for crew. I'm skeptical about the Bronco tracks too and may end up with Friuls, again we'll see how we go. Any way I'm itching to get started so more progress to come. As always, advice, comments and criticism welcome and thanks for following along. Wagons roll! Ben.