Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Page'.
Found 2 results
I tend to overdo things just a little bit.... It's exactly the same with my P-61 build. I can't help myself, when I try to build things out of the box I end up scratchbuilding most of it. So I thought to myself why not start a second long term project that involves a lot of scratch building. I take my inspiration from the likes of Airscale, tomprobert and roymattblack on these forums, all you amazing scratch builders out there inspire me to try on pretty much the worst best idea ever. A 1/32 Handley Page Victor K2. This all being said I could not even have started out on this project without the help of Antti_K and his mountain of resources on the Victor. You truly are a hero Antti. I shall be using the plans that were provided to me as a reference to the build along with my Wilhemshavener Modellbaubogen cardboard model plans that I recently acquired. The plastic required for this build is going to be epic in volume so I've gone ahead and ordered a few 1000x600mm sheets of the stuff in various thicknesses. All the plans and references have been scaled up to what can only be described as 1:31 scale. So let's just call it 1:32. I am not going to be aiming for 100% correctness as long as it looks the part. That's the main thing here. I am in love with the looks of this magnificent aircraft. So no more words and just a single picture to prove why this might be one of the worst ideas ever:
Hello, first post on this forum! I liked to build (very bad) scale models as a kid, and after a 15-20 year sabbatical I decided to pick up the hobby again. I have been lurking around without registering for quite a while now, and I figured it's time to sign up and post something. I've always thought British cold war bombers are really cool, so I wanted to start out on those. I already built the Avro Vulcan in Operation Black Buck camo scheme, so I thought I'd go for Operation Desert Storm for the Victor. I was actually going to build Airfix's new Victor model, but It hadn't come out yet by the time I finished my Vulcan so I got Revell's old tool model. I'm aware of aftermarket improvements but decided to build this one OOB. The fuselage halves and intakes were a PITA, but rest of the airframe went together quite nicely. I rescribed the panel lines, but left in some of the raised details that were too tricky for me to scribe. I sprayed on two layers of grey Vallejo primer (rattlecan). The topside was meant to be "hemp" in colour, but I couldn't find the shade from Vallejo (I really like their paints ) so I consulted the guy at the local hobby store, and we decided on German camouflage beige WWII which is really close but lacks some red. Underside is Vallejo light grey. Weathering was done with acrylic wash and a bit of Tamiya weathering master, I'm worried I overdid it a bit.. Lastly a coat of Vallejo satin varnish from a rattlecan and I called her done! I forgot to glue in the stairs before I took the pictures, oooops. It's my second build, be kind