Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Old kit'.
Found 4 results
I've managed to get hold of a partially built, white metal, 1/35 scale FV107 Scimitar made by Barton Miniatures. I think it's circa 1985. Long shot - does anyone have a copy of the instructions? Some parts are missing and will need replacing. I'd like to be able to draw up an inventory of what's needed. Fortunately, I do have an AFV Club Scimitar in my stash, which I can refer to, but it won't necessarily be that same. https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPs_87TiBKE70vYZtphKwdUanynuBQEk6R46039 Keeping my fingers crossed. I've never done a white metal kit before so I will also be needing your help along the way..... AJ
Hello Mates! This is also an oldie but goldie to me. I like KP to this very day, in the seventies all the raised rivets were great! Model of the then Ceskoslovak trainer from KP. Model from 1972, purchased 1974, built 1996 and rivets sanded down. There was a lot of dust! But otherwise she is in good shape. Bulgarian Decals are from scratch, stars wheels and walk line are handpainted. The last picture is old and on film, taken around 2000. This was the only one i made until now. Somebody told me , they made a million kits of that! Someone knows more? Cheers, Thomas
Hiya Folks, I had an old Airfix Lancaster which either needed scrapping or renovating so I went for the latter and pulled it apart, sanded the old Coastal Command scheme off, added Freightdog resin wheels, Aeroclub propellers and exhausts and painted it Sea Blue with Aeronavale decals from Xtradecals, so after all of that,...here it is; Its not perfect by any means but I`m still quite pleased with it, All the best Tony Oh bugger,.....I`ve just noticed that the props need painting again,....I`d missed that until I looked closely at the photos just now,........my eyes are definitely going! Time for another visit to Specsavers!
Phew, well, at last, my not so wise decision to do this Revell Tug Boat is complete - took about three times as long as I expected due to horrendous amounts of flash and general 'urkiness' of the kit; coupled with my poor modelling skills then I am surprised it got finished after all. There have been times when I thought, sod it, I will scrap it - but, bloody minded perseverance stepped in and slapped me round the face with an old so'wester. I did not use the two plinths that came with it as they were really poor and in no way did they fit properly. I decided to go for a different colour than the usual red, so, blue came to mind and blue it was that was thrown on with a dirty mop! All of this is OOB apart from the rigging - cheap 'shearing elastic' from boyes - too thick for planes but sort of ok for this (though did not end up so well - pulled both masts clean off trying to get it sorted). I scraped off (or tried to) the ropes and bits that were moulded into the deck, to cover up the mess from this I scratched some tarpaulin covered boxes (basically, tissue paper, watered PVA glue and bits from spares box to go underneath the tissue) and stuck them on, also dropped a simple roll of rope into the mix. Weathering wise I decided to go easy and just do minimal rust as I tend to be very heavy with my weathering technique. I left the decals as London XI for ease (read laziness). It's nowhere near perfect but at last I have called it a day and marked her 'finished' Apologies for poor pics - taken with camera phone. Thanks for looking. Pete