Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Nother one'.
Found 1 result
G'day people, I cracked the bags on this one today, I enjoyed building my Kinetic FRS.1 So it will be interesting to see how this one goes together as this was the first release in Kinetics's Harrier 'family' of kits. Also, having already built one, I should be able to avoid the pitfalls inherent in the kit. I tend to jump around and build in sub-assemblies rather than strictly follow the suggested assembly sequence and this build will be no exception. For this reason I began with the main wheel well which received some PE I have left off one of the side walls to aid in painting. Next up, the cockpit tub. I have decided to keep the raised console details rather than replace them with pre-painted PE as it is a little too flat for my liking in 1/48. I did scrape off the details on the quarter panels however and will use the corresponding PE sections here. The cockpit side walls are completely featureless OOB, so I decided to add a few details loosely based on references The canopy frame did not miss out either The PE set supplies a MDC control box cover for the aft canopy frame bulkhead but I think it is a little too big so I decided to make my own instead. A quick blast of paint and a wash and drybrush later and the cockpit sides were done! Likewise the tub Meanwhile the wing assembly was completed The APU inlet (r/h side) is a fair representation but the exhaust is greatly simplified and far too shallow, correcting this will be tomorrow's job. One difference I have noticed already is that the fit of the underwing inserts at the wingtips is far better in the FA.2 release than the FRS.1 boxing. Here is the FA.2 wingtip: Now compare this to the the FRS.1 equivalent: The FRS.1 wing also has another error as section of the inboard underside 'dogtooth' is not the correct shape. These mistakes have been carried over to the new two seat 'T-Harrier' boxing. Well, that is all for now, cheers, Pappy