Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Model refurbishment'.
Found 1 result
So quick flashback to when I, as over enthusiastic as ever, decided to rebuild an old second hand Airfix Vulcan B2 as a Vulcan B1. This didn't exactly work... I made some cuts that were just wrong and it would have been less effort to just buy a new kit. The model just sat abandoned in a box for months, until I thought of something to do with the model, remembering a similar build on here by Rob (it's a vulcan, who else....) This is what I did with it. First I removed the black paint, then cut the nose section off. Then the canopy and nose halves were glued back together I have a small trolley from an Airfix 1/48 Meteor that will do for now until I find something better. I'm thinking I'll probably scratchbuild something from matchsticks or something.... The hatch needed replacing. I have a spare from the original plan to rebuild this as a B1. I think I'll paint this either in antiflash with full shade roundels or in camouflage and make it look tired and corroded. Certainly a fictional cockpit section. I guess that does open up the option to do a B1 still. Unfortunately the model didn't have any cockpit parts. You can hardly see them anyway on the Vulcan. I masked off the canopy with PVA, great for doing Vulcan canopies, and primed it in white.