Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Mig 21'.
The Academy kit in 1/48 is still a nice model and is a good cheaper alternative to the new Eduard model. It comes with several options for AAM's and unguided rocket pods, but no bombs. I pinched some FAB 250's from the Kitty Hawk Su 22. Decals for the nose came from Crosswind Hobbies and the find flash was painted. I was unsure if the aircraft carried any wing insignia, but as I didn't have any, I left these off. There is the chance the aircraft didn't carry them as it was most likely used in the Angolan Civil War, which the Cuban's had a hand in. Many of their MiGs were flown by Cuban pilots.
This is the fine 1/72 Mig 21 “Battle Damage” reboxed by Lindberg. The original kit was produced by IMC in the 1960s. Its trick feature was that you could build the kit with molded “battle damage”. I needed a quick fix for building something so did this in a weekend. The build process is here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234973002-mig-21-battle-damage;-a-weekend-build/. I only did this kit to play with the battle damage feature. There was not any considerations to how accurate a kit this is, what needed to be done to correct it; the sole purpose was to play wit
I was looking for a quick, satisfying build fix in between trying to clear out my shelf of doom kits and I found this little beauty. This will be another actual weekend build. It is the 1/72 Mig 21 reissue from Lindberg. The original mold is from the 1960s molds by a company called IMC. I thought about doing this for the Lesser Known Air Force Group Build as an Iraq version, but that country was already taken. So what sets this kit apart from regular models is the thrill of reproducing “battle damage” in the form of alternative plastic parts. The parts count is low and the shape is sus
Here's the first of my twin pack of Eduard 1/144th scale Mig 21s...I chickened out on a camo scheme, and went for the all metal finish of the North Vietnamese Air Force! Sprayed with Halfords Aluminium from a rattle can, mixed the green using Citadel acrylics, given a coat of future and washed with oils - I was pleased with the effect on the panel lines. (Click for link to my Flickr site) The stand is a spare Games Workshop one I had handy. Excuse the photo, snapped with my phone, which seemed to handle it's small size better than my camera weirdly! Not sure what scheme to do my second...I