Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Masterclub'.
Found 4 results
It has been a while since I started anything, but a house move and visit from Mr. Cancer really puts a spanner in the works. Still all that behind me now and time to start going through the accumulated stash that kept growing. I bought this when Tamiya re-issued it the other year, plus I also obtained an un-built half painted one from eBay as a backup for bits and maybe a second project, more of that later. I also purchased a set of the Cartograf decals from the UK importers as well and a photo etch set from ModellingMaster in Russia. This is the bike which KR rode to win his 3rd and last world championship in 1980. It also was the last inline 4, piston ported 2-stroke that the works Yamaha team used, as the following year they copied Suzuki with a disc valve square 4 layout which eventually led to the V4, reed valve layout which Eddie Lawson won his first title 4 years later. The OW48 was a last ditch effort to stay competetive against the Suzukis, so started the year as the kit is presented. Ally square tube frame being the biggest development. As the season progressed, they turned the 2 outside cylinders through 180 degress to provide a better route for the exhaust pipes, and this was the OW48R and after sorting the geometry finally got the ally frame and is sometimes referred to as the OW48R ALF. KR maintains that another year with this bike would have provided 4th championship defence, but we will never know. The intention is to stick with the bike which actually won GPs that year i.e. the stock OW48. I have seen someone in Japan that has made a conversion kit to the OW48R, which I am trying to track down, so may still finish the spare off as one of these, if possible. I also am looking at doing something better with the front forks, as these are the all-in-one, thick chrome plate offerings, that was the way it was done back when this was originally tooled. I have some 2.8mm stainless tube which is spot on as fork legs, but I will try some BMF first to see if I can get on with that. Anyway, this is the box art: The frame is asembled, but that is not very exciting. I have been working on the engine, so have removed all the bolt heads and seperated the cylinder from the crankcase on the ends and removed the clutch cover for a scratch one (all circled). Added the photo etch bits as well and preparing everything for a session with the airbrush. Spare kit bits on the right, WIP on the left. This is the clutch side with the PE, clutch cover and a feed for the tacho added. Hope to keep on top of this one and not run out of talent before the end. Thanks for looking. Tony
Hi all Well, this will be my first blog build on a modelling site, so I will have to learn how to upload images etc - so bare with me there. I decided to buy a kit wth a high reputation for accuracy in moulding so I went for Tamiya's Wespe Sd.Kfz.124. I've done a lot and am still doing a whole load of research on the vehicle and other modellers builds to make sure I don't make too many missteps on the way. It'll be a long build for me with other commitments but looking forward to it. Don't hesitate to comment or point out any issue's - I won't take offence... As regards after market upgrades (with budget restrictions ) I decided on: Eduard's PE 35 450 RB Models barrel - 10.5cm L/28 SdKfz 124 Wespe 10.5 cm leFH 18 (Although no instructions came with it, so might need some help there...:) Masterclub Pz.Kpfw. II, WESPE all metal tracks-MTL 35069 So, once more unto the breech. Off to start pulling together additional materials, research and get my area sorted out. Long negotiations with "her indoors".... Cheers Simon.
Hello, First post, and the first kit that I have done in donkeys, so here goes. Having just watched the movie Grand Prix (great action awful plot), and the recent Goodwood FOS feed on line, I got all enthused about building something, so a coin toss and some lost ebay bids ended up with the RA272. It looks a lot of fun, but in all of the ones that I have seen built, I am going to attempt to reduce the models "chunkiness" that comes with it being polystyrene. The photo-etch kit looks nice, so will be tracking one of those down, but I will be scratch building a lot of the components to make it hunker down better and look more lithe. The rivet detail and panel lines are tasks, as is the suspension, running gear, and some of the space frame, obviously engine and cockpit detail too. Also want to avoid using screws on the panels, so scratching my head on how I am going to do this. Will probably use current images as the reference, rather than recreate the car of the 60's, but given that their are 2 driven vehicles and a few display replicas it will be tricky to choose to go for shiny or super-shiny. Wish me luck!