Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Lighty-up fun'.
Found 1 result
Hi folks, Here's the Moebius Viper I've been building for our club's Build-the-Same-Kit competition. It was a bit of a rush at the last minute since I spent half the last month painting my treeman when I should really have been working on the Viper Not a bad kit to build - some fit issues and quite a few sink marks, but it cleans up quite well and there's some nice detail. I added the Paragrafix etched set for the cockpit and engines, plus my own lighting rig using an ATTiny85 microcontroller and some RGB and plain LEDs. The battery power is on-board - 4 AAA cells should give enough runtime for a whole show, but they were a fiddle to squeeze into the space. Paint is Alclad and Tamiya with some Citadel paints for details. I used hairspray and masking fluid chipping for the first time and definitely want to do that again! I also masked and painted the stripes, which meant that since I didn't have to apply any decals I was able to avoid the varnish step and preserve all the metallics. I used MIG and AK enamels to weather which didn't cause any problems over the hairspray. It was predictably a lot of fun writing the code for the lights - here's an edit of the complete sequence, which takes about a minute and a half. There are also more/bigger images on Flickr: https://flic.kr/s/aHsjYSotM5 Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement on the WIP thread - it always helps to get other opinions - and thanks for looking, I hope you like it! Cheers, Will