Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Hartmann'.
Found 5 results
Another Bf-109 finished - this is the Finemolds K4 boxing "Hartmann's Last Combat". Rob Taurus vacu canopy and Eduard photo etch added. Pitot tube from Master Models. The model was painted with Gunze/Mr.Hobby acrylics. Being over-ambitious, I pretended I could mask and spray the 'Black Tulip'. I soon realized that I could not achieve any straight lines with Tamiya tape due to all those bumps and warts on the 109's nose. In the end I settled for the kit's decals. They were rather thick and didn't confirm to the contures well. I had to use generous amounts of setting solution, which in return caused the decals to 'melt' and I was facing the same problem of shaky lines again. Touch-ups were done freehand, using Vallejo paints. Thanks for lookin'! Have a good day! Roman
HI everybody; here's my latest off the bench, Academy's 1/48 Messerschmitt BF 109 G6, in the markings of Erich Hartmann's Yellow 1. The kit is actually an Academy re-boxing of the original Hobbycraft; not much trouble building it, but it's oversimplified in terms of details. The idea was to do a quick build and practice painting the German mottling camouflage ... but couldn't resist and I added some scratch built items. The WIP thread is here, if anyone's interested in. Scratch built items: - Pitot tube (using a prescription needle mounted on the kit plastic shaft) - Navigation lights - Wheel wells struts and canvas covers - Main wheels break lines - Seatbelts (out oh lead foil coming from a wine bottle cap) - Fuel pipe inside the cockpit, plus various other interiors bit - Open canopy holding cable plus other minor things. Aerial was done using one of my eldest daughter hair. The crosses have been painted, doing my own mask; same goes for the ventral yellow band. The kit itself was painted using mostly Tamiya Acrylics, with an airbrush; detail painting by brush, using mainly Lifecolor. The Swastikas were not provided in the kit decals, so I used some from an Eduard FW190 kit; for this reason, they are the wrong kind and size, but since this was all an experiment, I figured I wanted to test how Eduard's decal would react (much better than Academy ones, by the way) Enjoy! Any comments welcome Some pics on an old base I had laying around Sorry for the mess up, I inadvertently posted while still writing Ciao
Hi everybody; back wit an AC build after some figure painting. This time is the Academy 1/48 Me Bf109 G6, which is actually a Hobbycraft reboxing. The main goal of this build is practicing for German Mottle camo painting - first time for me - as I Have a Eduard FW190 in my stash but don't want to risk a messy painting on that, rather do it on this cheap kit. For this reason, I'll try to make a quick and simple build ... (I'll try, I promise ... ) On with the pics: boxart that is also the scheme I'll be doing, Hartmann's Yellow 1. Sprues: Not much of a detail, and definitely no riveting at all. Decals: I'll try to avoid them as much as possible, masking and painting for the most part - but we'll see. So, after the box inspection, I started removing the main parts from the sprues to clean them up with my trusty Electrical Toothbrush Sander and doing some dryfit Wings assembly: panel lines line up properly, no gaps whatsoever. Fuselage assembly shows a couple of issues, as you can see in the above pics, but nothing that some filler and some TLC couldn't sort out. Before test fitting the two halves, I've also inserted the instruments panel and the main part of the cockpit, no trouble there. Also for the fuselage, panel lines match properly. After a bit of sanding, the wing assembly goes in pretty well Some refining needed in the wing root area, and at the trailing edges close tho the roots Gun cowl: this is, so far, the part that I like less There is some shape issue, plus I don't like how the gun barrel (sort of) looks like when in place. I think I'll have to rework that area a little, still trying to figure out how. In the meantime, I decided to glue the barrel to a steel rod: Tail planes: port side one cliks in, the starboard side is loose ... Canopy: the three pieces are transparent enough for me, but do have some minor fit issues. The windshield also has a little stress line, another thing I'll have to figure out how to fix That's it for now. Comments, tips, suggestions, criticism welcome, as usual Ciao
Next in the cabinet is the Erich Harmann’s Bf109G-6 in temporary winter camo. The kit is the well known Hasegawa JT48 and is actually quite good. I added some Eduard parts for the cockpit, wheel bays and flaps. Painting was done the original way. I started with the standard mottled scheme and over sprayed it with the temporary winter scheme. The nose Tulip was also sprayed instead using the decals. During the process I ruined the Erla Haube and I had to order a complete new kit for this item alone, Luckily there is also a classic hood included in the kit so I can still build a new Bf109G-14. Thanks for watching.
Sorry I am late! Back again and pleased to be amongst esteemed company. As outlined in the teaser this is the kit: This is the scheme: Here are the often fondled but newly unpacked sprues: Here are the references: I have had this kit in the stash for ages awaiting "one day" and there was some concern that I didn't show any AM in the teaser. I can lay the rumour to rest that this will be OOB and reveal the AM: and just when you thought it was over: I have a choice of either the RB harness or the new Finemolds set. Well there it is in all its details. I have a number of choices as far as AM parts and I may not use them all (who am I kidding!!). I am even considering riveting this one so that is my new technique for this GB. Thanks for stopping by and good modelling to us all!