Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Finished!'.
Found 5 results
It is traditional for me to take a new project with me when I have my main holiday of the year and this year I decided that I would take the Heller 1/200 kit of the Fauvette 19th Century steam yacht. I am not sure how I came across this kit on a certain well known internet auction site but I was completely charmed by the kit and an example was duly ordered. As is my habit, I spent the time between ordering the kit and it's arrival, trying to research the subject with surprisingly little (read no) success. I found some paintings of a Fauvette yacht owned by a certain Eugene Perignon but there were some major differences between the kit's box art and the paintings. These included the type of rig, position of the funnel and the provision of a wheel house. All became clear(ish) upon the arrival of the kit. The instructions said that the kit was merely based on a yacht owned by M. Perignon and was intended to be a representation of the type of steam yacht of the period. Accordingly, I have decided to use the few paintings of Fauvette II, a subsequent yacht owned by M. Perignon to build something a bit closer to the prototype. Three paintings which may or may not be accurate plus an alien who does not know what he is doing, what could possibly go wrong? Anyway La Fauvette as per the kit looks like this: We need to try get to something a bit more like this: I bought in some pars from Master and some rigging thread of differing thicknesses and here are the sprue shots: I have no idea where the next couple of weeks will get me with this and I may well fall flat on my faces but lets see what happens. Thank for looking Martian
Having driven myself to the brink of insanity with my Tracker build over the last few days and with more difficult stuff looming in the near future, I feel the need for a little light relief. By lucky hap, an item that fits the bill nicely turned up in my pile of Birthday presents a couple of weeks ago. Well, not so much luck really as every year, my wife and sister in law hand me a large wad of cash for Telford and tell me to go and buy my Christmas and Birthday presents. Even I can't be such a Muppet as to get that one wrong! The minute I saw this on the Big H stand at Telford, my grubby little mitt was clutching at an example. A whacky shape, great nose art (Bugs Bunny on a flying carpet), a smart Sea Blue Gloss paint scheme and the opportunity for some bonkers banter with some of my BM friends. What's not to like. I got some extra goodies that I felt might help the build along and hopefully I can make a start over the bank holiday weekend. Thanks for looking in and as always comments sensible or otherwise are always welcome. Martin
Another Spitfire to my collection and a 1/48th one by ICM. This one depicts a Mk.XVI TD138 of 317 (Polish) Squadron post war at Ahlhorn germany. Those who have the Eduard Profipack kit will know the details behind this subject. As mentioned my build is from the ICM 48th kit and decals from the mentioned Eduard kit kindly supplied to me by BMer Jaw! Many thanks John! All I added are the seatbelts from masking tape strips and some etch buckles from a set by Re-heat. All paints Xtracrylix and coated with W&N acrylic matt varnish diluted with some flow improver and airbrushed. I attempted to represent the overpainted larger roundels but they don't show up to well here or on the model and also I felt that I would spoil the model having got this far unblemished. But the rear overpainted sky band is OK.....ish. OI also kept the weathering to a minimum. I also added the underwing antenna under the starboard wing from a toothbrush bristle by the way. Thanks for looking and any questions I'll be happy to answer. Once again many tanks to 'jaw' for the decals and Neil Belkin for the extra seat parts supplied recently
OK, after some delay.....This/these are mine: I've got several Airfix Sherman kits, a couple of their Lee/Grants and three of Stuzzar's excellent M4A2 conversion sets (turret, deck & mantlet). I'll also be picking up a couple of the Dan Taylor Modelworks etched frets and a trio of Millicast 75mm M3 barrels. My aim is to build a US M4 Early as used at the Kasserine Pass and a USMC M4A2 as used on Tarawa Atoll. Things at home are hectic at present, so update frequency will be highly variable.
HI all - she's finished at last. You can find the WIP here: http://www.britmodel...=234923967&st=0 In brief - fuselage lengthened, and main UC postions moved aft to give more rake. Brush painted with a mix of Aeromaster and Tamiya acrylics, detail painting with vallejo and Citadel. Kit decals used to represent VZ672 481 Q of 809 Sqn FAA on board HMS Vengeance 1951. A bit of light weathering applied, but nothing too much. ( yes the wingtip pitot tube is in the wrong place for an NF21- I realised after I'd CA'ed it in DOH!) Hope you like her. Jonners